Author Topic: Living Room SLide Locking mechanism  (Read 3370 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Living Room SLide Locking mechanism
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
Anybody know where I can get the living room slide locking mechanism for an '05 Marquis Garnet?   It can be seen with the slide out -- see the attached picture.  It runs almost the entire height of the slide from top to bottom and is located nearest the outside wall.  It has a black plastic cover and an actuating arm that sticks out the bottom and it moves the lock at the top when the slide closes.  The picture is of the front one but I need the rear one.

Thanks
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Roy C Tyler

Re: Living Room SLide Locking mechanism
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:44:43 AM »
Check out this post on another thread.    http://forum.bacrallies.com/v-print/m-1272744450/    
It might help.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:28:36 AM by 235 »

steve zannella

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »
I recently replaced mine on a 2004 marquis garnett. Mine was not rebuildable as the latching mechanism bent. I fist called monaco and got a price of $1400 could not order only the front had to buy front and back as a pair. Next I found a salvage yard for $300 plus shipping at
 http://en.visonerv.com/

I don't know what style lock you have, but on my coach the slide lock style was riveted, the replacement part was not riveted which was much easier to install. If yours is not riveted you can easily remove one screw at the top and lift the lock about an inch to remove.

On the riveted lock had to drill and grind all rivets for removal.

Lots of Luck

Steve

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:28:17 AM »
Further investigation has revealed... the actuating arm is bent.  The locking mechanism is not riveted.  I remove one screw at the top and the entire unit slides up and then out.  It is held in place by about 9 (or so) steel button (not sure what else to call them) that are spot welded onto the metal base that screws to the coach.  All but to of those have come off.  

When replacing the locking mechanism I am going to have to replace the mounting base as well.  Do they come as a set or are they separate parts?
Rick V
43'
C12

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:47:44 AM »
Detailed pictures of problem....
Rick V
43'