Author Topic: Marker lights cycling on and off...  (Read 4788 times)

Lyle Johnson

Marker lights cycling on and off...
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
[face=Sans-Serif][/face][size=14][/size]Just before dark thirty...marker lights would cycle off for app. 15 seconds then back on
for about the same amount of time. This continued until we parked for the night...that was interesting!
The problem seems to act like a circuit breaker going bad. There is no surge in voltage when popping off...
2000 Beaver Marquis full of wondrous surprises.  We love her.
Any suggestions about location of breaker (front left)? And if maybe I am on right track...thanks
Lyle

Edward Buker

Re: Marker lights cycling on and off...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 09:32:57 PM »
Not sure about the breaker location. It does sound like a thermal breaker in the front driver electrical bay. As the lights go on and off you should be able to measure the output side of the breaker with a voltmeter and see this happening. When you find the right one check the input side to see if the voltage is still present. If so that is your problem. If you are on the road you could switch one out that is not so critical until you are home. The label on the door should have the breakers identified that are involved with the lights.

If not the breaker and you have a smart wheel, there is a small chance something is up with that circuitry that might induce this kind of problem but that possibility is pretty remote.

Later Ed

Lyle Johnson

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:48:51 PM »
Thanks for the tip Ed.
I think I will go out in the rain and take a peek.
Good thought on the smart wheel...I have had problems with it before also.
Lyle

Lyle Johnson

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »
Ok...just changed breaker out...looks like a good fix
Checked the breaker I took out and on the back side it had a small hole in it...maybe from heat.
Interesting.
I was also concerned about the smart wheel but will see on the road if immediate problem is gone.
Thanks again

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 05:36:21 AM »
Lyle,

I think you have found your gremlin. Have a safe trip.

Later Ed

Lyle Johnson

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Yup...hanging out at fair grounds this weekend..think I will tackle the headlight issue today...interesting video.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
Quote from: Lyle Johnson
..think I will tackle the headlight issue today...interesting video.

Thank you!  

I had a lot of fun with Roy making that video.  As of today YouTube says 1396 have watch part 1 and 687 have gone on and watched part 2!