Author Topic: touch entry pad issues  (Read 5662 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
touch entry pad issues
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:53:59 AM »
I have been having trouble getting into the coach using the touch entry pad, I may need to enter the code 5-6 times, it seems like it has lost it's sensitivity
I did check on a new pad with BCS ($240) they are very proud of these!! has anyone tried to clean the touch pad??
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
Re: touch entry pad issues
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:41:15 AM »
Jerry,
Had the same problem with my '04 Marquis. Corrosion inside the keypad. Had to order a new one. You could try calling Essex Electronics. That is who makes the keypad as far as I know 1-800-keyless. Their website for the keypad is  http://www.keyless.com/KE-1700%20Main.htm . I think I was able to purchase just the keypad.
Steven Link
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:13 AM »
You may benefit from reviewing this previous thread, Jerry:   http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1361301756/s-0/highlight-Keypad/#num0

I've had mine replaced and it still acted up when wet, whether from rain or rinse water.  BCS put sealant all around the pad plate-coach wall interface, and also the touch panel to plate interface.  The only way moisture could get in was an inner wall leak.  I've had no problems with it since.  If you replace yours, Essex or Magnadyne, be sure the mounting is super sealed.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:13:57 AM »
Just replaced ours and you can do it yourself. Bought on Ebay for 129.00 + shipping. The new came complete with all parts plus 2 keyfobs. When I pulled the old, the sticker on the inside stated it was  made in 02/04 and the new had a sticker of 12/03. Plus yours and my old had the numbers horizontal and the new was meant to be read vertical but I installed to fit my opening. See photo .
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Doug Allman

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »
Just installed a new key pad and now I need to find out how to get it programmed to work. Do you need to access the interior part of the system to program. If so where is it located as we cannot find.   2004 Marquis.

neil omalley

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »
Doug: did the instruction booklet come with it?  The button they are talking about is USUALLY located under the velcroed panel on your dash.  I also had one attached to the keypad behind the panel by the pax side.  I don't remember but I believe the one I installed this past spring did not have the button installed and it becomes a two person job to program. One at the keypad and one at he aforementioned velcroed panel. B the by, this was on an '05 Thunder.  Marquis may be different.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:09:07 PM by 14 »

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »
Doug,
 The programming button for the 04 Marquis is inside the shelf/ magazine rack next to the passenger seat. The best I remember I had to remove a wooden panel inside the magazine rack to access the programming button. I replaced the keypad on my 04 marquis and found the button there.  Hope that helps.
Steven Link
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Replaced ours 3 months ago. When I pulled the keypad the black button was attached to the pad side of the wiring harness The new came with a new button but not attached. I installed it like the original and programmed before putting everything back.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Doug Allman

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Steven, Our search will begin there, thanks.