Author Topic: Right bottom convex mirror fell off  (Read 5449 times)

Richard Cooper

Right bottom convex mirror fell off
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »
Yesterday I must have hit a bird as driving my coach and it hit the right chromed mirror.  This is a 2-part mirror in which larger upper part glass is remote controlled and lower smaller convex mirror is manually adjusted.  But after bird hit mirror on front side it knocked off the lower convex mirror.  The replacement convex mirror I now need is about 8 in wide by 4-1/8 ht.

How can I best get a replacement?

I'm traveling ....now in Grants Pass, Or and due to be in San Luis Obispo, CA by end of this week.

Bill Sprague

Re: Right bottom convex mirror fell off
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »
Richard,

There are two brands of mirrors used on Beavers.  Find the brand, look them up on the internet and find a phone number for parts.

If that is more trouble than it's worth, almost any auto glass shop should be able to get mirror parts.

Good luck.

Dennis Kitchens

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
Had my passenger side mirror ripped off the side of the coach by a box truck over the weekend. Just now looking for a replacement. I found the company that makes it but probably wont be able to get one with a beaver logo. Here are the two I found    

http://www.ramco-eng.com/products/Mirrors.htm
http://velvac.thomasnet.com/category/mirrors?

Good luck
Dennis

Richard Cooper

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
These are Ramco Engineering and I don't know the model number, but the brochure in my records says they are "Heated Remote Mirror, Manual Convex".

I didn't know they were heated.  I have no idea where the switch is to turn the heat on them, but there a switch to control the upper mirrors left and right.  I see no rocker switch saying heat for mirrors.

Richard Cooper

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
Mine does not have a Beaver logo.  Mine are chrome and there is no port in the convex for a side camera.  

All I need is the convex mirror which is something I can probably install myself --- stick on.

Gary Winzenburger

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
The switch for heating the outside mirrors on our coach is located on the driver's control panel. It's a lighted, toggle switch next to the remote mirror switch with slanted up and down lines. I used it last week and works fine.

Richard Cooper

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:38 AM »
Ah that is what that zig zag lines on the switch means.   >:(

You know, if I had an instruction manual for this coach I wouldn't have to ask all these stupid questions.  8)

While here at Hendersons Line-Up in Grants Pass I got them to help me put a temporary convex mirror where the original one was.  They used some spray contact cement to hold it on.  I had seen this large $5 mirror at the 7 Feathers Truck Stop while dining there last night.  It sure did the trick.  I really do rely on my convex mirrors to see blind spots.  One of these days I may add side cameras.

I am heading out tomorrow morning for Red Bluff, CA.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 05:51:02 AM »
Richard,
Ramco Eng should be able to supply a direct replacement.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Keith Oliver

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 04:17:43 PM »
Richard:

You will still need the convex right side mirror, to see what is below your main right side mirror, even after proper adjustment, but you should eliminate as much of the blind spots as possible by proper adjustment.  There are several U-tube videos, one even done with a DP, showing adjustment to best eliminate those blind spots.  For Example:  http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Rear%E2%80%90View-Mirrors-to-Eliminate-Blind-Spots
After adjusting all my vehicles in this way, I find that I am more relaxed while driving, as I always know when there is another vehicle trying get close.