Author Topic: Hurricane giving me a problem  (Read 5678 times)

Randy Perry

Hurricane giving me a problem
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
I have a Hurricane Model C045D in my 2000 Patriot. Last night I went to fire it up, which it did, then shut down, then fired back up and shut back down. It had the "Ignition Flame Out" light on! The pump had a chatter sound to it and when I opened the bleeder valve, the chatter went away. Turned the power switch off and on and fired it up again. Same thing! Anybody have a quick fix? Here in Vegas visiting my kids so spending all day working on this is not an option!

On another note, we have a real bad rotten egg smell that doesn't appear to be coming from the black tank???? My wife just left with the dog cuz it got to bad! Hope the come back!!!

Matthew Harger

Re: Hurricane giving me a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
Try completely bleeding any air from the fuel line, if no luck there it's possible your igniter went out and needs to be replaced.  That's what happened to me and I called Rixens and ordered a replacement and had it back working within a couple days. Hopefully it's something that simple.

Randy Perry

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
Looks like its a bad flame sensor or control panel, either way, I'll deal with when we get back home! Note to self, pack a few more blankets!

As for the smell, an RV service tech that we flagged down in the park said it sounded like water in the washer/dryer P-trap that has been sitting! I thought no way since we've never used the clothes washer since buying the coach! Well, after running a couple loads through it, that was it! I guess water can into the trap via the shower somehow!! Anyway, things are looking up AND the wife and dog came back!!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Could I get a little more detail on the method you used to make the wife and dog leave? Fess up! You put that water in the P trap didn't you?  ;)   ;D
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Randy Perry

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
 :) Stan, put some water in that trap and they're GONE!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
Randy,
There should be a cap on the washer/dryer vent pipe. The rubber seal on it could be bad. Mine is under the bathroom sink, but they can also be located behind the w/d.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Dan Stussi

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »
All the water in the trap for the Washer probably just dried out from lack of use. Traps are meant to have water in them as that is what keeps the smell coming from the black water tank. Same thing applies to your home traps too. Chased that a few years back at my mothers house as she had not used her basement sink for a while, and it was not good smells. Filled the trap with water, and like magic the smell was gone.

neil omalley

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »
Randy: if (when) the smell comes back, if you don't want to do a full laundry cycle, just run a rinse and spin cycle.As was stated the "P" trap dries out and lets the odors come from the holding tank.

Richard Crane

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »
Randy,
I had a similar problem with my Hurricane. It turned out to be a weak compressor and an old regulator. Your best help will come from Hurricane. Call Kevin at OTR (International Thermal Research) the manufacturer, in Vancouver, Washington. Mine cost me a fortune while I paid for RV techs to try and figure out how the unit works. Kevin fixed it in and hour and cost less than anyone else. He may be able to diagnose it on the phone for you. He is terrific.
Richard Crane 2000 Marquis Jaspar C12