Author Topic: Back Up Camera  (Read 2698 times)

Matthew Harger

Back Up Camera
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:06 PM »
The original monitor screen on my back up camera is near impossible to see anything in. I've cleaned the camera and housing area and everything seems to still work and have power, but I think the monitor has just fizzled out over the years.  Any recommendations on whether to just try a newer monitor or to go with a new camera and monitor and which ones would work with my existing wiring or try wireless ??

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
Re: Back Up Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:06:30 AM »
Matthew: I have the same coach that came with a Flexvision monitor. I replaced it with a DP Video 7" drop down screen from Fry's Electronics for about $80.  It works quite well but the picture is more faded out in certain light conditions but we get by fine with it.  The Audiovox monitors are great but I have had two fail at $400 or so and enough is enough.

Larry
Larry Fritz

Dave Cunningham

Re: Back Up Camera
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Hey Mathew, not sure how much work you want to put into this project, but I really like the Voyager stuff from RV Cams, I have instaled the same system on three of the coaches I've had they have a really nice 7" colour monitor that has imputs for four cameras as well as a GPS system I've always installed their colour ,tilting camera at the rear, and on my latest unit, I added the side cameras as well , which are actually really cool. The hardest part of the install is running the cable for the rear camera, as it won't work with the existing coax. The stuff is a little pricey , but if you talk to Tim down there( the owner) they seem to discount the crap out of everything if you are ordering a whole system. They are super nice people to deal with, check out their website

Dave