Author Topic: Dash AC-hot air only  (Read 5256 times)

Ron Langdon

Dash AC-hot air only
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:09:54 AM »
Now that we are back in warmer climates, I had an occasion to use the dash AC. All I got was hot air. Fans are working and when heat was needed, heat was there. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:02:30 AM by 14 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Dash AC-hot air only
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »
Check that the electric fan is working when the AC is on.  It should be the fan on the outside of the radiator sandwich, and easily seen through the street side rear grille panel.  After that relatively easy first check, it could be a number of things I'll leave to someone more familiar with AC systems.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »
Ron,
I don't know what type of AC you have, but I have a button on the dash control panel that must be pushed. There is a green. Light that comes on, but you can barely see it.  If that is on, check to see if the compressor is engaging.  If not, there several things to check.

Dennis

Ron Langdon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:41:08 AM »
Joel, thanks, but the fan is working.
Dennis, ok let's go to the other things that need to be checked. No green light here. I have a dial for fan with four stops. A second dial for temperature ( blue to red). The third dial has AC, MAX AC,Off, and air flow directions (defrost, floor,etc).

neil omalley

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:43:31 AM »
Ron: Check to see that there is a small black button to the right of the direction selectors . The green light Dennis is referring to is just to the right of that .  The little black button is a push button that controls the a/c on or off.  The green light is all but impossible to see in ambien light. Good luck.

Ron Langdon

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:42:11 AM »
Neil, by "direction selectors," you mean the controls the determine the directions the air flow is going? I find no buttons or lights in that area, but thanks.

Ron Langdon

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 04:22:10 AM »
Joel, thanks, but the fan is working.
Dennis, ok let's go to the other things that need to be checked. No green light here. I have a dial for fan with four stops. A second dial for temperature ( blue to red). The third dial has AC, MAX AC,Off, and air flow directions (defrost, floor,etc).

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »
Ron,

Can you see the compressor in the engine compartment? If so, start coach engine and with air off look at the compessor. The turn air on and see if ac clutch engaged. If it did not engage, you could be very,very low on refrigerant. If it did engage and no cold air, you couldbe just low on refrigerant. You don't have to be too low to have no cool air.

Dennis