Author Topic: Passenger side kitchen counter problem  (Read 5257 times)

Steve Humphrey

Passenger side kitchen counter problem
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:20 PM »
We have a 2005 Monterey, the kitchen counter top has dropped by about 3/8" away from the backsplash next to the stove.  Can anyone recommend a good shop in Texas that knows the Beaver and does competent work?  We're heading to Brunswick GA for the Diesel rally.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:30:13 PM by 5 »

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Passenger side kitchen counter problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:22:09 AM »
Alliance just opened in Valdosta Georgia.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:31:08 PM by 5 »

Mike Merchant

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
Steve,
Our 06 Monty had a similar problem with the entire stove and counter unit slowly migrating into the room and forward toward the living room. Seems there was inadequate screwing and gluing to the wall during construction, the unit had actually broken loose in places.
Ken and the folks at BCS in Bend fixed it up in a day and wasn't terribly spendy as I remember.
                                                                                                                                                  Mike

Steve Humphrey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
Tom and Pam,   At this time the Alliance shop in GA does not have the capability to do our repair to the kitchen cabinets.  Thanks for the reply.  Steve

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
Does the Alliance shop in GA do chassis work, slide work, what are their capabilities? Do they plan on this being a full service facility in the not too distant future?

Later Ed

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
Alliance at Wildwood, FL is full service and probably has the most experienced technicians as they worked at the shop when it was the Monaco service point. It is only a few hundred miles away and they have paved 50 amp water sties and a dump station.  

Steve Humphrey

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
Ed, I did not get into Alliance's plans for their GA facility, they just said they had only been open for a couple of months and at the present time they were not ready to work on  our slide-out problem.  I'm sure that if you call them they can give you a better answer to their plans. Steve
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:32:27 PM by 5 »

Steve Humphrey

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
Richard, Thanks for the recommendation. Steve

Steve Humphrey

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
Thank you to all that responded to my problem with our slide out.  I pulled the drawers, jacked the cabinet up, cut a block of hard wood, and wedged it in between a metal bracket at the edge of the slide out and a brace on the cabinet.  It closed the gap between the counter top and the back splash. It may not be permanent but it will give me time to get to Advantage RV in Bend.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:33:16 PM by 5 »

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
Davis Cabinets in Junction City, Oregon fixed ours a couple of years ago. It's still holding after 2 trips on the Alaska highway!!
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Steve Humphrey

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 04:39:57 AM »
Thanks Larry. We have had great service at Advantage RV in Bend.  Tom is an old Beaver employee and everything he has done for us has been real quality.  We ordered two tables form Davis Cabinet at the rally in Canyonville (Seven Feathers)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:34:16 PM by 5 »