Author Topic: Sani Con Install  (Read 6277 times)

Bob Jae

Sani Con Install
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:54:39 AM »
Has anyone installed a Sani Con in a 2006 Monterey?  I was thinking of putting one in so I can dump at home.  However there does to appear to be enough room in the wet bay so I am looking for ideas.

Gerald Farris

Re: Sani Con Install
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »
Bob,
I just use a portable macerator pump that hooks to the sewer outlet to pump the sewer through a large diameter garden hose when I need to dump into a sewer that is to far away or is slightly uphill.

Gerald

Orman Claxton

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
Bob
I have been using the Macerator for years, Everything works great, no dumping odors, Grey water drains automatically, Black drains on demand.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Quote from: Bob Jae
Has anyone installed a Sani Con in a 2006 Monterey?  I was thinking of putting one in so I can dump at home.  However there does to appear to be enough room in the wet bay so I am looking for ideas.
I don't know about the '06, but our '04 did not have room for any off the shelf pump.  Making it worse, the outlet for the tanks is set very low on an '04.  At one campsite we were at long term, I had to drain up hill.

I found a pump with no fittings.  The inlet diameter matches standard RV sewer hose and the outlet has garden hose threads.

I bought a 3/4 inch garden hose and a short piece of RV sewer hose.  I mounted it on a piece of plywood and created a wiring system that uses the 30 Amp 3 prong extension cord I carry.  I made "adapters" for each end of the wire.  One end has jumper clips for attaching to the battery.  The other is for the pump.  I included a switch.  

I can empty 50 feet away and uphill, if necessary.

The one difficulty with my homemade system is that I need to have plenty of fresh water in the grey tank to rinse it out well.  I pump the grey first, then the black.  While pumping I run fresh water into the grey tank and pump it out a second time.

I can provide more detail or photos if necessary.

The pump:  http://www.amazon.com/Flojet-18550000A-Waste-Fixed-Mount/dp/B004A2YIPC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1384794688&sr=8-10&keywords=macerator+pump#productDetails

Bob Jae

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:04:07 AM »
Thanks Bill I would appreciate seeing your pictures.  I am guessing your wet bay may be the same small size as mine.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:44:20 AM »
Quote from: Bob Jae
Thanks Bill I would appreciate seeing your pictures.  
I have to take some!

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
Here is what my wet bay looks like.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »
Hey Bob, if conditions allow you might want to consider installing a sewer dump. I installed a dump by the curb in a landscapers valve box with a 20' RV sewer hose hidden inside the box. Now it takes just 10 minutes to dump whereas it seemed to take an hour using the macerator grinding and draining through a garden hose..

Bob Jae

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »
Thanks for the idea Larry right now our septic system is 10 or 12 feet uphill from the coach.