Author Topic: Water Filter  (Read 5765 times)

Linda Garcia

Water Filter
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:08 AM »
Where do we locate the water filter in our 2005 Monterey Ventura IV??

Bill Sprague

Re: Water Filter
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
You may not have one.  The only water filter on my '04 Monterey is a small one for the ice maker.  It is mounted next to the water pump.

Linda Garcia

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »
The "manual" states to "locate the water filter cartridge in the water center compartment".  There is no filter visible in the water center compartment and no small one in the icemaker line.  It looks like you might be able to remove the screws around the city water hose inlet but that's about the only place in the water center compartment where you'd think one might hide a filter cartridge.

Tim Westman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
Linda,

In our '05, the small filter was located in the bay next to the water bay behind a small door held on by 4 screws near the front, right hand side.  This enclosure is the home for the water pump and ice maker filter.  Our unit did not have a large, whole house filter built in.

Tim

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
Adding a whole house filter isn't difficult.  I didn't want one I had to hang on the spigot so here's what I installed.  It took less than an hour (not including the power hose reel).

Robert Mathis

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »
You may have a small water filter under the sink if you have a seperate faucet for drinking water.

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 01:33:00 AM »
My 05 Monterey only has a filter for the ice maker and it is located next to water pump.  I have just enough room for a whole house filter in my water manifold area.

Dennis

Linda Garcia

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »
Thank you all for your input.  We'll get out and search around again and see what we turn up.  Some times it's just not easy.   ;)

Linda

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:36 AM »
Linda,

If you open the bay directly to the left of the wet bay (the one where the sewer and water connections are located) and when looking straight in, look at the wall on the right up towards the front of the bay. On the wall. You will see a carpet covered board/panel that is held there by spring clips. Just take a flat head screw driver or putty knife, or even your own fingers and pull on the top. It will come off revealing the water pump, and the filter that is mentioned in the manual. Some are held with the same clips that are used on some cabinet drawers. Those are harder to put back, you have to line them up just right.

Good luck,

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »
Linda, if your Ventura is a relatively short model like ours, the pump compartment others mention can be on the curbside, rather than next to the wet bay.  Ours is in the main bay with the slide tray, behind a pop-out panel in the left wall.  It is here that you go to pump antifreeze through your water system when winterizing. The pump complex is in a plastic box that extends into the adjoining bay where the waste tanks, Alladin modules, and bay heat exchanger is, so the pump is adequately kept from damage when camping in freezing weather.

Related to that, it is common for new owners to not realize there is a waste tank bay access door on our models, with unobvious latches hidden underneath the front edge.  The bay is in front of the curbside rear wheels.

The most common factory configuration, as others note above, is just one filter- an icemaker one within the pump complex box.  Additionally, the owners manuals are frequently universal, and any one specific instruction may or may not apply to your particular coach, and could be for an option your rig never had.

Joel
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:13:05 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Linda Garcia

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »
Late in getting back to this post but we did find an inline water filter for the ice maker!  It was in the curbside bay, left of the freshwater tank.  It was like many suggested, behind the wall on the left side of the bay, held in by a couple of screws.  Water pump in there as well.  THANKS for helping us locate the hideout.  Funny thing, there was also a label on the wall telling us what was in there!!