Author Topic: Slide not Level  (Read 4861 times)

Ron Johnson

Slide not Level
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »
The main slide on the curbside of my 2000 Thunder is 1-2 inch lower on the rear yet the front of the slide is level with the coach. When you look at the slide when it is retracted into it's 'pocket' the space between the slide and pocket on both sides and the top is even.

I saw another 2000 Thunder at a Dealer a few weeks ago and saw exactly the same thing. There are no leaks and the slide operates perfectly. I bought this Coach 3 years ago and the slide was like this then.

Does anyone else have this on their main slide? I am wondering if there was perhaps a bad batch of these slides from the factory. I don't think I plan on adjusting it because it appears to me then the slide would be askew in the pocket and I may then then get some problems.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:54:55 AM by 14 »

David Rudisill

Re: Slide not Level
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »
Our '04 Monterey has the same problem. I noticed it when we started getting a leak at the rear of that slide. When I looked at it from outside on a ladder I found that the rear of the slide is low enough that the rubber seal doesn't meet the top of the slide back there.

I don't see a way to adjust it.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
David,
Check check the rollers under your slide. I think that your model coach has a roller with a covering that fails and lets the slide drop when it comes off of the roller

If that is what has happened, you can repair it by replacing the roller or taking the roller and cleaning the aluminum core and pressing a piece of schedule 40 PVC pipe of the right size and length over it to replace the covering.

Gerald

David Rudisill

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »
Quote from: Gerald Farris
David,
Check check the rollers under your slide. I think that your model coach has a roller with a covering that fails and lets the slide drop when it comes off of the roller

If that is what has happened, you can repair it by replacing the roller or taking the roller and cleaning the aluminum core and pressing a piece of schedule 40 PVC pipe of the right size and length over it to replace the covering.

Gerald
Thanks.

I see such rollers under the passenger side (sink, stove, etc.) slide but not the carpeted driver's side, which is the unlevel one.

Your post, however, prompted me to look more carefully under the slide, and I now see adjustment slots in the plates that bolt the ends of the toothed guides to the outside walls of the slide. It looks like it can be adjusted. Not by me, though.  :)