Author Topic: Valance Lighting  (Read 3710 times)

Paul Champagne

• BAC Member
Valance Lighting
« on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:54 AM »
Hello Everyone My bedroom ceiling valance lighting is not working the switch to activate lights up but no light? I believe it is rope lighting in the Valance but I find it strange that the whole light is out.my question is how difficult is it to get access to the rope lights as I'm thinking it is 12v so it might be the connection?

Any suggestions? Also the outdoor Porch light seems to burn out fast is there an LED bulb as a direct replacement?

Thanks for your help

Paul Champagne 2006 Thunder
2006 Patriot Thunder
C13 525 hp

Jay and Raylene Todd

Re: Valance Lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
Hi Paul,

The valance lights in the bedroom, as well as the ones in the living room are indeed 12v rope lights. In the bedroom if you stand up on a short stool at the end of the bed and look between the ceiling and the top of the valance you will see two latches, one at each end of the valance. The latches are really more of a hooked fitting and generally there is a screw that has been put in to prevent them from coming apart during a drive. Remove the screws and have someone at each end of the valance lift slightly and push slightly towards the head of the bed and the hooks should come apart. The other side of the valance is hinged so it will just swing down and stay. The rope lights are in a groove in the valance. A topic search on the forum will take you to an article where one of our members changed the lights to and LED strip. By the way, while you have the valance down, this is how to access the filter for the rear A/C unit which should be cleaned every year or two.

We have the same problem with the porch light. We haven't changed to LED yet but yes there are direct replacements. If you Google 12v LED lamp replacements just look for the proper base and that's the one.

Paul Champagne

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Hi Jay

Thanks for the great information I will look at it this weekend in case I need to replace the rope light do you know the approximate length?

Much appreciated

Paul
2006 Patriot Thunder
C13 525 hp

Jay and Raylene Todd

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
Paul,

I have no idea on the length. They are about 1 1/2" inboard of the edge and go all the way around. Once you have it down, you can measure.