Author Topic: What size 6V and 12V AGM Batteries for my coach  (Read 3586 times)

Gary Wolfer

What size 6V and 12V AGM Batteries for my coach
« on: December 16, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
I  am preparing my new to me 98 Patriot for boondocking. I am confident in both Deka and Lifeline AGM batteries but need help in selecting the right size and amperage needed for my coach. This coach is set up with 4 6v deep cycle and two 12v starting batteries. I want to use agm on 12v starting batteries and know they make a agm starting battery in 12v. I installed group 31 12v agm's for house batteries in my old Safari but my son has it now. Please help me pick out 4 6v house batteries and 2 12 starting batteries all in agm. Thanks Gary (ps) I can install them or soon to travel thru california  in January on my way to Q maybe I can find free shipping or pick them up to save money. Please help me

Edward Buker

Re: What size 6V and 12V AGM Batteries for my coach
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
Gary,

To save a lot of trouble you want to go with a case size and terminal configuration that is like the original that I assume you have now. If you have two group 31 as starting batteries then buy two of those in AGM. They are available by Interstate and Duracell. For the 6V side of things you would want the same battery as you have now, if it is a 6V golf cart deep cycle like the original. This might be a good option provided space and terminals match up. I'm not endorsing any purchase location, just using this as an example.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-golf-car-battery-group-size-gc2agm/prod3870119.ip?navAction=push

Later Ed