Author Topic: Generator Issue  (Read 2515 times)

Randy Perry

Generator Issue
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
Here's my generator issue........on my way to Vegas this morning, pulled into a rest stop, went to fire up my "problem free" gen set to microwave a bite to eat and nuttin! Batteries are good, won't turn over, won't do anything! I'm at the Las Vegas Mototrcoach Resort and don't need it, but wondering where to look for a problem???

Randy Perry

Re: Generator Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
Update from two minutes ago..........gen set fired up?????? I'm gonna blame it on operator error!! (although it doesn't take a diesel mechanic to hit the start button)

OK, here's another twist, why is my ABS light on??????

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Generator Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
Regarding the generator issue - You might try looking under the "Service Information" plate on the generator.  It's a thin metal plate about 4 inches square just above the starter switch and Hobbs hour meter.  Unscrew the 3/8 (or so) bolt, lift the plate, and you will find a radiator cap (if memory serves me) and, importantly, two mini-style auto fuses.  If one of those is fried, then the generator won't spin (or lift) a finger for you.

My ABS light came on from time-to-time soon after I purchased the coach.  For the past year or so it has not come on... or I stopped paying attention to it.   lolol    Why is it on?  That question is above my pay grade.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!