Author Topic: Air line for toad braking system  (Read 4723 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Air line for toad braking system
« on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
Gerald
       You had mentioned in a previous post some time back, that your 2000 marquis came from the factory with an air line to the back of your coach for aux air for toad. I have a red line at the very back of the chassis in the engine area right above my hitch, but not attaced to anything capped off. Could this be the air line you speak of. It is marked " DOT 13174. 12/99.   3/8 o.s.d.  A.  
        Sure hope it is, it will save me time & $$

Thanks
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Gerald Farris

Re: Air line for toad braking system
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
Larry,
That sounds like the brake air line, but mine was anchored to a bracket beside the receiver. To be certain that it is the right line, just uncap the line and have someone apply the foot brakes. You will get pressurized air flow when the brakes are applied if it is the right line.

Gerald

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:14:34 PM »
Larry,
My 2000 Marquis has a red air line fixed near the receiver.   It is for TOAD air brakes.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »
Thanks Gerald, I will try that to verify it is the air line, which I,m sure it is.
Thanks for replying Jeremy, now I'm really sure it's the air line.
My next step is to order the M&G brake system for our 2014nJeep Wrangler. Looks like a tight fit, but I'm gonna attempt it myself. Put on the Blue Ox base plate and the wiring, which went pretty effortlessly, well almost.

So another question: Where is a good place to get more air line and the quick disconnects? I would like to find a flip up device like the electrical receiver, any suggestions?

Thanks guys:        Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:19 AM »
Larry,
If you have any problems with the M&G installation, just call the people at the M&G factory. It is a small East Texas machine shop, and it is run by very knowledgeable and helpful people who have installed many of the units. So they will know what needs to be done to make it fit.

As for air brake lines and connectors, they are available at any auto supply that deals extensively in heavy truck parts. The air line connection for the back of the coach, I mounted the brass fitting on the end of the air line in a steel bracket, and installed a female air hose quick connector into it.

Gerald  

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 05:36:19 PM »
Gerald:

Thanks for the info. I received the M&G system and it looks pretty straight forward.

Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15