Author Topic: Starlight 1000B LED motion light  (Read 6643 times)

William Brosam

Starlight 1000B LED motion light
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
i put one of these up in place of the amber one normally on the side of the coach

http://www.amazon.com/StarLight-SL-1000B-Smart-Motion/dp/B002YI95ZC/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1390406168&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=starlight+1000b

sure was nice to open the door to light outside and not tripping over myself at 5am going to work!

bolt pattern was the same as factory.

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: Starlight 1000B LED motion light
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »
William, I just installed the same light last night.
 Do you have three small lights that illuminate the entrance stairs? If so, these lights are on when this light is turned on which it must be in order to activate the motion sensor.
The step lights could be wired to the new light via the yellow accessory wire in the fixture but that would involve rewiring.
Any suggestions?
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

William Brosam

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »
Quote from: Bob Stone
William, I just installed the same light last night.
 Do you have three small lights that illuminate the entrance stairs? If so, these lights are on when this light is turned on which it must be in order to activate the motion sensor.
The step lights could be wired to the new light via the yellow accessory wire in the fixture but that would involve rewiring.
Any suggestions?

you mean inside the steps?

yes they are on but you could replace them with a motion LED night light that is another idea i wanted to do.

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
Motion activated LED night lights would be an option. Thanks....
Bob Stone

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
I installed the same light in place of the factory amber, last fall, and it doesn't work. I have read and re-read the instructions. It only works when I turn the switch on...does nothing when someone walks by. I'm unhappy with it, but its probably my own doing. When I have time this season, I will have someone from the seller walk me through it to see if I can find out what I did wrong.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »
Initially I could not get the light to function either manually or via the heat sensor. Upon checking the LED bulb I found it to be non-functional. With an incandescent bulb I was getting a red flashing LED at the fixture indicating a voltage of less than 11.5 volts. Once I replaced the incandescent bulb with a new Led  the fixture now works as it's supposed to however the switch must be on and therefore have the three steps lights on continuously. The step bulbs are very tiny and likely draw very little power. I considered rewiring them to the handlebar light switch but on pulling the mass of wires from behind those four switches at the door it looked like a daunting task.

For now the light goes on when it's in manual mode and automatically when it senses a warm body within it's range provided the switch is on and the fixture is in the 'auto' mode.

Better than what was there but a ways to go before it's perfect.
Bob Stone