Author Topic: Onan 7.5 Quiet Diesel Hour Meter  (Read 2509 times)

Matthew Harger

Onan 7.5 Quiet Diesel Hour Meter
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
Neither one of my hour meters for my generator are functioning.  Does anyone have any experience in changing either the one inside the coach or the the one on the generator itself out.?

Steven Hoffman

Re: Onan 7.5 Quiet Diesel Hour Meter
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:41 PM »
Matt

The hour meter inside the coach should be simple to change if it is bad.  Before changing it you may want to do a little trouble shooting.  The hour meter has two connections Switched B+ (pin F on P8 Genset connector plug) and GND (pin A on P8 Genset connector plug).  You should see 12v (nominal) on B+ when the generator is running. If you have a control panel that has gauges the B+ is used for their lights and the voltmeter, so if they are working you have voltage to the panel.

There is a small cable (or group of wires) running from your generator into the coach.  The end connecting to the generator is a 10-pin plug (P 8 ).  I originally only had an hour meter and the start stop switch (5 wires).  If I remember correctly the plug was on the passenger side front under some access panels (some disassembly required).  

Steve