Author Topic: 2001 Marquis Amethyst Leveling  (Read 7119 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
2001 Marquis Amethyst Leveling
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
On our first trip in our new to us Coach.  We went through the leveling process then went to check out the jacks and we see none.  The manual says to stay clear of them...is this incorrect?  Taking the coach in for an alignment in the morning so will watch from outside next time to see what is happening.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Steve Jewell

Re: 2001 Marquis Amethyst Leveling
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:22 AM »
Larry,
     Your leveling jacks do not go down to the ground. They go down to the top of the axle.

Steve J

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:39:56 AM »
Thank you Steve we are very new to this and could not for the life us figure out why the instructions talked about jacks and we couldn't see any.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »
Larry
We also bought an Amethist recently and are still learning the differences even after the Patriot we had before.  The info on leveling our coaches is a bit confusing as the SMC leveling was an option.  An upgrade I guess over the HWH jacks that go all the way to the ground.
We spent some time at Beaver Coach Sales and watched them building the replacement controler for the SMC leveler pannel.  Aparently the control pad fails at some point and is no longer available so they started designing a replacement.  We are taking extra care of our original best we can as the replacement promises to be spendy.
BTW;
Have you found the hydraulic fluid fill spot yet?  Ours is under the middle step in the front entry.  Takes a bit to pop it out but easy access beyond that.

Best of luck
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »
Keith,
I did see a tank underneath the step but didn't know what it is for so thanks for the info.  This is our first coach so we have lots to learn.  Do you know anything about the windshield wipers?  We took off for a short trip and it started to rain and the wipers were useless.  We stopped at camping world and bought new blades.  The passenger side is working great now however the driver side seems to miss the window.  Doesn't seem to be enough tension on the arm.  Haven't had a chance to get up there and take a closer look yet.  Thanks, Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
Larry,

There are some helper springs available and with a search on the forum here you may get a PN. I do not have those helpers and cannot comment on if they solve the problem or not. When I bought my coach the wipers worked well but did not seem to cover all of the windshield area that I would like to cover. I measured them and found them to be several inches shorter than what was the original PN so I ordered the originals and put them on. Since then they do not wipe the curved surfaces well and I have the same experience that you have now. On balance I think the shorter ones worked better and wiped the useful view area much better. If you find that the problem persists I can measure the shorter ones and let you know what length had a good compromise between wiper area and wiping efficiency.

Later Ed

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:45 AM »
Ed,
I have a call into Beaver Sales to see if they have replacement arms...waiting for a return call.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 05:12:53 AM »
I do not think you need the arms, probably just the springs if you can get them. The helper springs, if you get those go on the outside of the wiper and add tension forces toward the windshield.

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Quote from: Larry Dedrick
Keith,
I did see a tank underneath the step but didn't know what it is for so thanks for the info.  This is our first coach so we have lots to learn.  Do you know anything about the windshield wipers?  We took off for a short trip and it started to rain and the wipers were useless.  We stopped at camping world and bought new blades.  The passenger side is working great now however the driver side seems to miss the window.  Doesn't seem to be enough tension on the arm.  Haven't had a chance to get up there and take a closer look yet.  Thanks, Larry

When we replaced our wiper blades last fall we first tried Costco blades.  They didnt work either.  The blades from BCS are alot heavier and stiffer and so hold better.   There is also a arm support tension spring that works very well. I think most RV places could get them.  FYI, I also went for the blades that are an inch longer than original because there was plenty of room and it increased the viewing range down the road.
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!