Author Topic: Total Height of 2001 Beaver  (Read 6383 times)

William Brosam

Total Height of 2001 Beaver
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:15 PM »
Looking for a storage unit for the coach as i have to leave it for a bit and been trying to figure out the total height of the coach from factory.

Bill Sprague

Re: Total Height of 2001 Beaver
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:43 PM »
When mine was new, I got out a tape measure.  I decided that 12'5" was "safe" and put a sticker next to my shift pad for reference when tunnels or low bridges show up.  It must have worked, since I still have my roof top accessories still attached!

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »
In 2002 my Beaver brochure said 11'9" for a Marquis with roof air. I use 12'7" on mine as a safe limit. A 12' garage door does not have a 12' high opening, the door and door braces reduce the height so storage with a 12' door would not work. This is not exactly your specific coach but it should give you a reasonable reference at 12'7" for looking. Measure before you drive it in if there is a question. Other owners may be able to give you a more accurate number.

Later Ed

William Brosam

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
cool i figured i was under 13' but wanted to see before i tore off the a/c cover trying to go in storage unit

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
Mine says it is under 12'.  When I imported this coach to Canada I had to go get Daytime Running Lights installed.  The shop that did the work had a 12' door, and since it was pouring rain at the time, invited me to come inside.  I drove to the door, climbed on the roof, and found that 12' would clear the horns, barely, but the TV  and roof Airs would foul.  Another 6" would be enough.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
14 foot doors are common among service and storage faciities catering to RVs, and many are higher still;  storage units should state it on their info sheet or website.  Most of our rigs are in the vicinity of 12 and a half feet.  In a pinch a person can gain some inches by dumping air from the bags - you just darned well better watch for rafters, lighting, and other device once inside if the coach naturally wants to air back up.  And any anxiousness to depart better not overwhelm remembering to dump first.  I've lowered to clear tree limbs;  but you can't turn the steering wheel away from straight ahead in a dumped scenario or you'll damage wheel wells, etc., and you shouldn't negotiate rough spots at any speed.  I just creep ahead very carefully regardless.

On our coach, Monaco jumper-wired HWH's control module such that you must hold the dump button down to stay down.  HWH configured it to stay wherever you let your finger off the button.  Monaco didn't want people neglecting to go back up (or down) and hitting the road at other than Travel height, so releasing the dump button automatically takes me back to 10 inch bag length.

As an aside, it's a pain to keep a finger on the Raise button, which works the same way, when backing at a turning angle over my driveway entrance dip, trying to concentrate on maneuvering into the narrow space along our garage, and then keeping the mirror barely over the top of the adjoining fence for the 30 foot trip back to our pad.  Someone yells you are getting close to a garage gutter or something, you let your finger lift off the button for a moment when you try to turn to look, and the mirror slowly descends down on top of the darned fence.  I've often sworn I was going to find and disconnect that Monaco jumper wire.

Joel
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:57:00 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat