Author Topic: Directv with Datron DBS3000  (Read 3245 times)

Bruce Sevier

• BAC Member
Directv with Datron DBS3000
« on: February 04, 2014, 08:10:28 AM »
Have any of you had this problem?  I am open to suggestions.
Cannot  get Directv reception though the Satellite dish has locked onto a signal.  After several phone calls to Directv they tell me my Sony SA-4 receiver will no longer work since Dec 23, 2013.  They sent a replacement receiver they said would work, but I cannot get beyond the Satellite dish verification, using the 18" round dish selection.  Called directv again and they now say they have no data on the Datron Dish and suggest I contact a local dealer and will probably have to replace the dish.  
One of the problem I see is the Sony receiver has a 9 pin low speed data port that connects to the Datron control box.  Two people from directv suggested buying a rs232 cable that would connect from the 9 pin data port on the control box to the usb port on the new replacement receiver.  Well this does not seem to work.
Have talked to Directv installers at the RV shows, but they want to run the new dish cables over the roof and drill a hole to access the satellite control system.  I would much prefer to use the existing wire chase in the ceiling so that there are no exposed wires on the roof.
Thanks in advance
Bruce
Bruce Sevier
99 Marquis

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Directv with Datron DBS3000
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »
We had a Datron Dish on our 1997 Beaver when we got it and it required the low speed data port to the receiver t work. The bad news is the newer receivers do not have a low speed data port and Datron no longer produces or supports these  units. We replaced ours with an over the road domed one and a portable one for when the dish on the roof is blocked.

When we had the new roof mounted dish installed the installers would not take the old Datron they replaced as it was obsolete 5 years ago. Be glad you got that much use out of it.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Directv with Datron DBS3000
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »
Bruce, the Daytron dish is an obsolete dish. Thats not to say you can't use it, you just have to know how. PM me and I will give you my phone number. I can explain it much better talking than writing. I've been using mine for almost 7 years now with no problems. Marty