Author Topic: See Level Monitor  (Read 3585 times)

Greg Kamper

See Level Monitor
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
I have a 2000 Patriot Thunder and I’m halfway through installing a see Level tank monitoring system. I had planned to put the new monitor in the “hall” on the wall of the bathroom behind the toilet in the space between the pocket door and the cabinet inside the bathroom. If my measurements are accurate I have almost 4in of space. Has anyone ever done anything similar in that area? I don’t want cut a hole in the wrong place. Has anyone replaced their cmp2 tank monitor with the see level system? Where did you put your monitor?

Thanks.

Greg

Joel Weiss

Re: See Level Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
I've been thinking of installing these but planned on putting the monitor panel in the basement on the "wall" that surrounds the tank bay.  I figured that it's not something I need to check every minute and that putting it there wouldn't be a big nuisance and it would simplify installation.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 04:42:10 AM »
We installed ours in the water bay right under the gauge dedicated to the Aladdin System. We have the harness that connects the See Level to the Aladdin, so we don't need it inside the coach.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »
I installed my monitor just about where you are are thinking about.  We have a refrigerator just outside the hall door so I went into the wall under it and up.  There were existing wires in that area using the same space. The hall wall was 3/4 inch plywood so I needed to drill and cut for the monitor.  Out bathroom is behind that area so I was able to run the wires up through a cabinet on the forward bathroom wall and through to the monitor.

The sea level tank monitor is a great system and always reads accurately.  I did not buy the aladdin link, much easier to read it in the hall.

Greg Kamper

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »
Thanks for the input. I ended up installing the monitor inside the bathroom cabinet above the toilet. I chickened out drilling a hole through the hall wall, just in case there was no access behind it. It turns out that the shelf inside the cabinet has a little railing that has a groove on the back side and the wires fit in there and are not visible. I will try to post a picture tonight. We plan to go camping in a couple weeks and even though the campground has full hook-ups, I plan to test out the new see-level system. I am so excited! Ok, now I'm sounding strange... :P