Author Topic: Fresh Water Tank Shutoff  (Read 3142 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Fresh Water Tank Shutoff
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
To Any In The Know:

I have discovered my fresh water pump is leaking where the motor attaches to the lower base assembly (pump gears, I believe) and also from the little plastic filter bowl that precedes the pump. My questions are:
        1. Where is the Master Fresh Water Tank Shutoff, if one exists?
        2.Has anyone been successful in reseating the ring gasket on the plastic filtering bowl that precedes the main pump? It looks rather simple.
        3. Should I just purchase a new Pump Assy. or get a new gasket and reassemble?

Advice will certainly be Appreciated:                       Larry D.  
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Bill Sprague

Re: Fresh Water Tank Shutoff
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »
I've replaced my pump.

As far as I know, there is no shutoff.  If the water tank is full, water could siphon through the hose when you disconnect from the pump.  You could drain the tank or plug the hose.  The end of the hose his 1/2 inch NPT (pipe thread) so a plug should be easy to find at a hardware store.  You would loose a little water putting a plug in, but even a small towel is enough to soak it up.

The plastic filter bowl is easy to replace without changing the pump.  It often cracks.

I'm not sure it should leak where at the lower base assembly.  That may mean you need a new pump.  

Good luck!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:31:58 AM »
Larry,
If your water pump is leaking between the motor and pump head, you normally just replace the pump. There are parts available to repair some models of RV water pumps, but very few. Therefore, the pump is normally replaced, and a new pre-strainer usually comes with a new pump.

Gerald

Robert Mathis

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:38:21 PM »
Larry,I replaced my pump a couple of years ago, because it was leaking. I sent the old pump back to the manufacturer, and they rebuilt it and sent it back under warranty. It now lives in my spare parts bin " just in case".