Author Topic: zone heating w/Aqua hot  (Read 3553 times)

neil omalley

zone heating w/Aqua hot
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
Ok I've got one. Aqua hot heats water and zone 2+3 nicely. Zone 1 will turn on blowers for about 10 seconds and that is all she wrote. turning it off/on = no help. Suggestions as to what to check first? Thank you

Edward Buker

Re: zone heating w/Aqua hot
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »
Neil,

Aqua Hot has several models, some have circuit board controllers and some have relays for the zone pumps. If you have the relays, download the service manual and measure the thermostat terminal leading to the relay. If when the zone turns off you still have voltage then measure the relay output voltage going to the pump. If the voltage is dropped going into the relay then the thermostat is bad. If the voltage going to the relay from the thermostat is on and the relay will not hold and drops voltage going to the pump then the relay is bad. If the voltage is good coming out of the relay but the pump stops then you have a pump issue. I think this last issue is not your problem because the fans stop which means for some reason the voltage is not coming out of the relay. There are some fuses involved but they must be good by your symptoms. See pages 29 and 30 here.

http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/eSource/staticpages/documents/AHE-100-02S%20Service%20Manual%20Rev.%20B%209-27-2011.pdf

There is 120V around inside the Aqua Hot case so some precautions to not get bare fingers on those are in order.

Later Ed

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Re: zone heating w/Aqua hot
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:14:45 PM »
Neil:

We had a similar problem with ours regarding zone 1. What we discovered is that not only does the three position rocker switch need to be on low or high, but the fan is controlled by the thermostat as well and the zone 1 needs to be set to furnace in our case. I don't know if this will help in your situation but for us it was a learning curve and a bit of user error. Good Luck

Larry D.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15