Author Topic: Generator and Hurricane System Help  (Read 10958 times)

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Generator and Hurricane System Help
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
http://beaveramb.org/PDF/PDF%20Manuals/Hurricane%20Owners%20Manual/Hurricane_manual_R4.pdf

Brian, here is the link to the hurricane schematic and parts list, hope this helps!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 04:16:50 AM »
Bryan,
I think that you just had a little communication problem with ITR. You may try calling them back and explain what your problem is. If they can not help you, it would probably be worth looking at the heating system that Jim Rixen at Rixen Enterprises sells that is a direct replacement for the Hurricane unit in our coaches. Rixen's unit is a diesel boiler like the Hurricane and it incorporates electric elements like the Comfort Hot system, and it is all in one unit that fits into the same spot the Hurricane is in.

Gerald  

Richard Crane

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 03:00:31 AM »
Brian.
Gerald is correct about the Hurricane. I had similar experience to you. I went to ITR in Vancouver, Washington. They fixed mine in 1 1/2 hours for less than anyone had charged practicing on me. Call Kevin Lambert at 800-993-4402. He may be able to diagnose what your problem is over teh phone. He's really good!
Richard & Judie Crane
2000 Marquis C12

Joel Weiss

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »
Quote from: Gerald Farris
Bryan,
I think that you just had a little communication problem with ITR. You may try calling them back and explain what your problem is. If they can not help you, it would probably be worth looking at the heating system that Jim Rixen at Rixen Enterprises sells that is a direct replacement for the Hurricane unit in our coaches. Rixen's unit is a diesel boiler like the Hurricane and it incorporates electric elements like the Comfort Hot system, and it is all in one unit that fits into the same spot the Hurricane is in.

Gerald  

Gerald:

When I bought the Comfort Hot from Rixen I was told that his heating system does not include the electric elements; I think he may often install them when installs his own heater, but I was told that I hadn't wasted my money if I come back some day and have the Hurricane replaced.

Joel

Brian Sexton

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »
I should have more information tomorrow when I pick up the coach.  Will keep you posted.
Brian and Chippy Sexton
40' 2000 Beaver Contessa
Cat 3126B
2019 F150 following close behind