Author Topic: What are the best Tires?  (Read 27667 times)

neil omalley

Re: What are the best Tires?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
Don't forget: if you have driven to the scales-do not put air in  or let  air out until the tires have cooled and you have achance to check the pressure BEFORE driving !

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »
I put new tires on my 2003 Monterey 3 weeks ago at GCR Tires in Coburg, OR.  All six tires had the same date (14/14) and were Firestones.  With new valve stems and all six balanced, the total bill out the door was $2346.  They did give me $50 per each tire on trade in.  My old Firestones were 6 years old.  I used to buy Michelins but since I only run my tires for 6 years, I felt I was paying extra for the name and the Firestones have never given me a problem.

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
There is only one exact way to find the correct tire pressure on your coach: draw a line across each tire with sidewalk chalk. Then drive a couple of revolutions watch each line add or subtract air until the line is wearing all the way across. Then your tires are properly inflated. Once you do that you can check them occasionally to keep them adjusted. You will get very good tire wear doing that. Just an old Truckers trick.