Author Topic: Bose lifestyle 50  (Read 5766 times)

William Harrison

Bose lifestyle 50
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:17:25 AM »
 I have spent hours and $400.00 trying to revive my Bose system (for which Bose offers no direct replacement) only to find
that the cd player wont eject the magazine. Any advice would be appreciated.

William C Harison
03 Marquis

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Bose lifestyle 50
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »
William,

I contacted Bose a year of so ago, they arraigned for me to send mine back and for I think $50 they returned the unit and sent it back.  Works great now.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
Beaver put my electronics in a tight cabinet that got hot.  My gear was Sony, but the heat fried the DVD player in the Home Theater System.  Not once, but twice.  Rather than get it fixed, I bought a seperate DVD player and plugged it into an input on the back of the Home Theater box.  My thought at the time was it would be cheap to replace every time it broke.  It never broke.  Since then, I've upgraded to a Blu-Ray player that plays direct to the TV.  Now the sound from the TV goes to the Home Theater box and it no longer does any video.

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:08:58 PM »
William,

Talk to a good car audio shop that has been around awhile. Most of the time a non ejection is a mechanical issue with something getting jammed. See if they will take a look and try and remove the cartridge. Once the cartridge is out I would use another cartridge and run the player and see if it continues to work. If the problem is electronic in nature Bose may be the only source of the fix. Folks on the forum who have sent things back to Bose seem to have had good luck, was the $400 charges from Bose themselves?

Later Ed

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
I also had great success working directly with Bose when my system was damaged by a voltage spike.  They overhauled the entire system for a flat rate of ~350 or so.  I also noticed that there is an abundance of components on E bay at reasonable prices.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »
William,

Several years ago I asked Bose how to get out the cartridge that stuck.  They said to take out the unit, and tip it on its left side and jar it while pushing the eject button.  It has happened several times since, and that procedure has always worked.  I just did it last week.  It seems there is a disk stuck out of the cartridge that needs help returning.  Do not usd CDs with a paper lable, because they tend to stick more often.

Good luck.

Larry

Joel Weiss

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
CD's??? How incredibly 20th century.   ;D  Haven't had music on a CD in years.  We ripped ~250 CD's to an iPod when we started full-timing and now use it and Pandora for all our listening needs.  

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 12:46:36 AM »
Joel,

Sorry to disturbe you.  I was just trying to help a fellow member with a 21st Century coach solve a 21st Century problem.

Larry

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 01:15:48 AM »
Ipods are OK but I am much happier with my Zune. Super feature is that it doesn't delete audio books loaned from library after the loan period expires. They stay stored on the Zune till I delete them.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp