Author Topic: More about tires  (Read 2462 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
More about tires
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
All of our tires are Toyo which no longer seems to support RV tires.
On the old coach we replaced six tires because Michelin told me six years regardless.  This year the number seems to change all over the place.  I have heard six years and more up to ten years according to annother thread here.
I now have four tires which are about six years old on this coach and four newer.  Who in heck do you listen to on this?  I have no checking and of course god tread for whatever that means but I also dont want to risk a blowout.

I'm up for opinions but tell me why you think what you do as well.

Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Robert Mathis

Re: More about tires
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »
Our first coach was a 2001 Discovery that we bought in 2005, with fairly low mileage, I had no idea that tires aged out, loaned it to my son in 2007 and he had two blowouts on his trip to Kansas. We replaced all six tires and I learned a valuable lesson. This spring, I replaced all eight tires on the Beaver, at a little over six years old, good tread, since we were going to Alaska and I didn't want to take a chance. All looked good with no cracking, until we dismounted them and inspected the inside. They were disintegrating, and I was glad we changed. I have been told the only way to check is to dismount them for inspection.