Author Topic: wiper blade replacement on '05 Monterey  (Read 6162 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
wiper blade replacement on '05 Monterey
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
Noticed one of  our wiper blades has a tear in the rubber. Does anyone have a part # from NAPA, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilley's Auto Parts, or the correct sizes for a panoramic window on an '05 Monterey? I also noticed this is not a normal blade holder. A special order part?

Thanks,

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: wiper blade replacement on '05 Monterey
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:45:55 AM »
Stan,
My '05 Monterey has 28" Good Year Assurance wiper blades. In the bay when I bought the rig were a couple of NAPA blades 60-2856. They do not appear to be as robust as the Good Year blades.

I can't speak to their effectiveness as there is very little precipitation in Arizona and Southern California, especially this year.

Regards,
Bob
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Orman Claxton

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:03:16 AM »
Stan
I measured length, went to Costco and purchased.
great price

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:37:39 AM »
Don't know what you mean by not a normal blade holder, Stan.  There are pantograph 2-shaft wiper arms and there are single shafted ones.  The factory arms on some Monacos are weak and susceptible to wind blowing them off - been there, had that.  BCS replaced them with better quality ones.

Some blade holders are basically one piece and some have multiple springy tensioners along the blade, what I'd call bridge and saddle configuration.  BCS replaced ours with boomerang-style one-piece and we've found it clears the curved panoramic windshield better.  You'd need the BB28 version.  They aren't cheap, but you get superb functionality.  Seems like BCS said these were shorter than the factory originals, but they are 28" and do the job.  As far as the exact length of the originals, you'd have to measure what you have.  The Tru-Vision brochure only goes to 28" on their Boomerangs, but the brochure is 6 years old, and I see longer ones at Amazon.  Nevertheless, BCS put 28's on ours.

http://truvisionwipers.com/Admin/Upload/pdf/Tru%20Vision%20Rv%202008.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Trailer-Boomerang-Wiper-Blade/dp/B007HRUS9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1395552732&sr=1-1&keywords=RV+Boomerang+28

This is just an example;  shop around for better prices, or just stick with the old type at your descretion and take Orman's advice.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
The attachment point on our Beaver doesn't seem to be the normal one that you would see on a car. I'm going to the coach later today, and will post pictures of what I mean. Perhaps it will help to explain my inquiry better. Of course I will measure them at the same time.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:20:49 PM »
Joel,

I found some cheap 28" blades at Auto Zone that fit. Eventually I will get the 32" J Hook Tru Vision RV blades that will fit my brackets. Sold on Amazon. The Boomerangs won't fit my bracket.

Thanks,

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
Stan,

I have a 2005 Monterey and my blades are attached with a bolt and lock nut.  I get my replacement blades at NAPA.  NOT THE ONES ON DIDPLAY!!!!  Ask for truck blades.  They may have to order them, but they work great.

Dennis