Author Topic: which sewer hose fits in the actual tube  (Read 17980 times)

Larry Williams

Re: which sewer hose fits in the actual tube
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »
Quote from: Roy C Tyler
I saw one gentleman that used one of the vinyl fence posts with end caps and mounted it to the bottom of the slide.  Unfortunately, I have metal bars under my slide that will not allow me to mount anything under there.

Following up on this comment, I investigated a little more and 5" hollow vinyl fence posts were perfect. I installed two under my slide running the long way and it works perfectly for storing my primary and extension hoses. It means I have to have the slide out at least partially to access the hoses, but that is a minor inconvenience.  I even have room for the 90 degree fitting at the sewer connection. Now my limited bay area is freed up for other necessities.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
In our coach the built in hose storage holds about eight feet or so of 3 in. sewer hose and just the one fitting for the coach connection end.  The cheapes hose works the best and the cheapest fitting is the only one small enough to store on the hose and still close the door.  Carol gets me lined up as close as we can get to a dump station and then its out, hook up, dump, rinse drain fro a few minutes and put away.  This is no good in a RV park but if we are just stopping at a dump station I dont have to dig anything out and its quick and easy.
In a park we have the Walmart storage bin mentioned above for all things sewer.  For me, simpler is faster.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
I have four of the 5" stacked on one end in the bay.  Store sewer hoses, fold up ladder and extensions for cleaning.  Works great.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 04:33:10 PM »
Quote from: Keith Moffett
In our coach the built in hose storage holds about eight feet or so of 3 in. sewer hose and just the one fitting for the coach connection end.  The cheapes hose works the best and the cheapest fitting is the only one small enough to store on the hose and still close the door.  Carol gets me lined up as close as we can get to a dump station and then its out, hook up, dump, rinse drain fro a few minutes and put away.  This is no good in a RV park but if we are just stopping at a dump station I dont have to dig anything out and its quick and easy.
In a park we have the Walmart storage bin mentioned above for all things sewer.  For me, simpler is faster.

Keith

That's a great idea, Keith. We dry camp a bit, so it would work great if we are just stopping somewhere to dump. I think I'll give it a try. I'll still have to get out the rubber gloves! By-the-way, I saw a guy at a dump station once that had a neat way of taking them off without any mess, and I do it that way now. When I'm finished, I grab the bottom of the glove and take it off backwards, turning it inside out as it comes off. Then I put the first one in the palm of my other hand, and take the second one off the same way. That way, the first glove is inside the seconod one, and all that is on the gloves is now inside it, and I just throw them away.

Safe travels all,

Stan
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:31:08 PM by 7634 »
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 05:05:31 AM »
William,

Be sure the hose compartment extends all the way to the frame.  If not, put an extension on it.  I buy the cheapest WalMart 20 foot sewer hose and cut off 5 feet of it.  More expensive hoses take up more room, and end up shorter.  The red 90 degree and female coach connector screws on each end.  By using a file, I enlarged the plastic opening to the storage compartment, so the 90 degree end fits through the opening.  Now I can keep both ends on the hose and store the 15 feet of hose in the compartment.  This makes it easy to empty at a dump station or hookup at a park.  I only hook up to dump when the tanks are full, then put the hose away.  Thus, limiting the UV exposure, that shortens the life of the hose.  Since the hoses are inexpensive, I can replace them every year or as needed.  Because the hose is 15 feet long, I can usually stop near the dump pipe.  For those few time when the dump pipe is more than 15 feet away, I keep a 20 foot extension hose and connectors in a 4 inch PVC pipe with caps, in the bay.  It has worked for me for 18 years of Beavering.

Larry