Author Topic: which sewer hose fits in the actual tube  (Read 17983 times)

William Brosam

which sewer hose fits in the actual tube
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
So ive went through a couple sewer hoses' first i tried the expensive thetford smart drain system, ended up purchasing 3 new ends s the seal would only last a couple dump, cant buy seal seperate. then it got a hole in it.

now i have the rhino flex from walmart, works good but it doesn't fit in the sewer hose tube, so it sits next to all the fresh water hoses, dont like idea much contamination can occur.

what are you guys using?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:34:18 PM by 5 »

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: which sewer hose fits in the actual tube
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ez-coupler-bayonet-sewer-kit-20/27864 We use this and also bought a 5 ft hose. We like it because they can be sealed end to end with the bayonet clips. You have to be carefut when connecting to the elbow as the clips can break easily.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
I have a plastic storage bin with a lid that houses all things sewer... likely bought it at WalMart.  It fits into a basement compartment along side another storage bin that houses all things electric - 50 amp, 30 amp, and 110 extension cords, extra length TV and phone wires, etc.  Inside the sewer storage bin I keep the sewer hoses and the drain fitting in a garbage bags to catch the rinse water after use.  The storage bins are easily slid out of the basement and onto the ground before removing the bin lids.

The sewer hose storage spot built into the coach will not hold a long hose, nor a hose with wide fittings.  So I keep a short and simple-to-use sewer hose in there.  For most RV parks I have to use a longer sewer hose anyways... so I have them handy in the storage bin.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
Much like David, in the bay next to the water bay, where the water pump is located, I keep three plastic bins purchased at WalMart, that have snap on covers. One contains all things nasty. My Rhino Flex hose, fittings, end caps, 15 foot extension, spare fittings, and the water hose I use for the black water tank flush. The container is about 36 inches long and 12 inches deep. I also have a small container that has a supply of latex gloves that I store on top of the large container. Next to it are two 36 x 7 inch bins that have snap on covers. One has wheels and contains all fresh water hose and the portable Water Stick water softener. The third one stores on top of the one on wheels and has all of my "fresh water" related hose needed to put the water softener in line, fittings, and quick disconnects.

When we arrive at a campground, its easy to remove all three bins, take the covers off, snap on some latex gloves, and proceed to set up the water bay. Same when we break camp, haul out the three bins, and put everything away as its disconnected.

I have one of those built in hose compartments, but I have never used it. If anyone has a good use for it, I'd be interested in any ideas.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »
I keep a spare 15 ft. length of hose in the electric power reel bay since it is roomy and I usually have to get in there anyway for the cord when setting up camp.  The regularly used 10 foot hose fits in the storage tube, but only sans the large fittings of course.  I don't understand why modern coaches haven't come up with a better hose and fittings storage compartment - the one on our old '84 Pace Arrow had a longer tube at least!

I use the screw-on fittings that thread on to the hose ends, and keep them in an small adjacent bay to the wet bay - on our coach design, both bays access via the same door, but are separated by a wall.  Keeping the fittings in a plastic bin is nevertheless a good idea for sanitary and odor reasons, though I've not found it necessary on ours.  I've found the simple female bayonet end will just fit in the tube port for the hose, and allow the port's door to close over it;  so I only need to store and thread on/off the ground fitting, and also a hose coupler for the rare occasion I need to add the spare hose for a very long run.

I'm not sure what William is doing that his seals don't last.  In 7 years I've yet to have a seal go belly up.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »
I've used the sewer pipe for storage of 15 amp extension cords and extra cable for TV.  Not good for anything else I can find.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

William Brosam

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »
well atleast im not the only one witha uselesss hole in my coach =P

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »
I have a sewer hose tube, that you would normally see on the rear bumper of a Class C or trailer, for storing my sewer hose.

My tube is mounted on the bottom inside of the slide. That would be under the bay that slides with the slide :) it is mounted with plumbers metal straps in three places………very, very handy…….

So, when you open the slide to a point that you clear the water bay, or when your parked and the slide is out, the tube cap is right there on your left as you face the water bay.

if you need to dump your tanks at a dump station move your slide out 6-8" to access your hose. Don't forget to move your slide back in.....

This may not fit everyone but I like it a lot. I put the dump end of the hose in the tube first. Easier to pull out that way

William Brosam

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:56:26 AM »
Phil is that hose compartment large enough to fit normal hoses or do you have to remove the fittings to use it?

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 04:19:06 AM »
I saw one gentleman that used one of the vinyl fence posts with end caps and mounted it to the bottom of the slide.  Unfortunately, I have metal bars under my slide that will not allow me to mount anything under there.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
I use the Prest-O-Fit system with the blue connectors because they fit any storage tube.  I also added a long tube under the front driver side slide using 4 inch plastic drain line.  Drain line is like PVC but has holes in it.  It was easy to attach with oversized zip ties normally found in the heating department at Lowes/Home Depot.  I made metal pins for each end out of 5 or 6 inch 1/4 bolts.  

The Prest-O-Fit system is advertised as "push on" with no locking tabs.  It does work.  I think it works better with hose clamps.  I keep several 4" hose clamps and an old, cheap Black and Decker electric screw driver in the water bay to make quick work of the clamps.

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
No need to take the ends off the hose. (of course the 90 deg won't fit). I put the end where the 90 deg would go into the tube first and push the hose into the tube with the coach end. The coach end fits a little snug. That's why the it goes in last. I have never had a problem with putting the hose in or taking it out.

William Brosam

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
interesting, ill take a look at that modification today, tired of seeing that big sewer hose in the bay.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
When I used teh 3" stinky slinky, I kept it in a rubbermade tote, with all things nasty.  I tried using the built in hose pipes once (my Contessa had both the short one that goes across and the longer one that hangs under the slide) but the filth attendant on removing the ends deterred any further use.  In the tote, I collapsed the slinky and attached its ends together.  It occupied way less space that way, and no nasty smell.
Last year I changed to the "sewer solution" from CW.  It uses a jet of water as a macerator and exhausts the black through a 3/4" garden hose , to a fitting that fits the CG pipe.  Much cleaner, way less to stow.

Larry Williams

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 01:20:05 AM »
Quote from: Stan Simpson
Much like David, in the bay next to the water bay, where the water pump is located, I keep three plastic bins purchased at WalMart, that have snap on covers. One contains all things nasty. My Rhino Flex hose, fittings, end caps, 15 foot extension, spare fittings, and the water hose I use for the black water tank flush. The container is about 36 inches long and 12 inches deep. I also have a small container that has a supply of latex gloves that I store on top of the large container. Next to it are two 36 x 7 inch bins that have snap on covers. One has wheels and contains all fresh water hose and the portable Water Stick water softener. The third one stores on top of the one on wheels and has all of my "fresh water" related hose needed to put the water softener in line, fittings, and quick disconnects.

Stan
Stan,

What a great idea! I used to keep my two sewer hoses (one primary and one extension) with the ends fastened together for sanitary reasons just laying in the bin in the driver's side slideout. But they were always flopping out when I opened the bin and were almost impossible to get back in. Based on your advice I purchased two plastic containers (one for each hose and fittings) that fit perfectly in the bin. Now I just remove the container when needed. No more fighting snakey hoses.

Thanks for that idea.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:59:27 AM by 21337 »