Author Topic: Kenwood radio  (Read 5336 times)

Jim Skatzka

Kenwood radio
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
I was having issues with chassis batts which I removed yesterday, now my kenwood kvtm707 radio is requiring a password which is not available to me. as we are the 2cnd owner and have no way of retrieving it. now I have no rear monitor and trying to leave Alabama  heading to Michigan. I don't mind buying a new separate monitor but the video lead comes in overhead and I cannot see a way to reroute it to the under dash area. I cannot figure out how to remove the A pillar cover to fish the wire down from the overhead.  any thoughts on this would be appreciated as I just don't wand to travel 1100 mi without a rear monitor.
Thanks!    Jim

Jeff Watt

Re: Kenwood radio
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:27:32 PM »
Jim

I assume your coach is similar to mine. If so, then you can possibly take the video feed from the Aladdin box (in the dash) and then use the monitor associated with the Kenwood gps. You'll need a double female rca connector and a piece of video cable (basic rca fittings, usually has yellow ends). There is a video in port on the gps controller box. Once it is set (some playing With assistance from the manual), then you can toggle on the gps monitor between gps and camera. If you have it, I'll try to remember to go look at mine to see the settings.

It works well as I can have the ar camera on while the 707 shows engine functions. Also, I can leave it on and use the 707 to toggle between the different side cameras.

Jeff

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:48:21 PM »
Jim,
For any passwords, you might contact Ken Carpenter at Beaver Coach Sales.  He knows most of the original passwords.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
Jim,

You can also try this site. I do not know if it works but it looks legit. Looks like you need the serial number which should be with the literature or on the radio.

http://www.radio-code.com/Kenwood_PayPage_radiocode.htm

Later Ed

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
Jim,

They have testimonials as part of that site but I also saw one rip off report on a website regarding a code not working. I would certainly try the manufacturer and Ken at BCS first before I would try the website that I found as a last resort. Sometimes the people who install car audio know how to deal with these things so Best Buy or a local outfit may also be able to help.

Later Ed

John Fearnow

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
mine is now a Jensen but the default code is 0,1,2,3,4,5,6.  You might try that or something similar.

John
2002 Patriot-Thunder

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I decided to throw the kenwood in the garbage and go with a new radio.  still have the problem of running some wires down the drivers A piller.  cannot figure out how to remove cover for access.  Thanks again!

Jim

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:57:54 AM »
I recently took the cover off that pillar to run some wires for Sirius XM radio under the dash from the roof top antenna. The button like tabs snap off and under them are lag screws that hold the pillar covering on. I loosened them and ran the wires under the cover and then tightened them down again.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 01:04:34 AM »
Thanks stan, but on the 06 patriots there are no screws holding them down. it appears that u need to remove the window inner frame on the drivers window and pull it out a bit to get any wire behind it. when I get to that when we get back to mi, I will post my findings.  right now I need to start another thread on our c13.   Thanks!

jim