Author Topic: Exterior Door Handle  (Read 6878 times)

brunitoons2

Exterior Door Handle
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:02:16 PM »
I would just like to say that this site is becoming a very big help to me, thanks to all. 2004 patriot thdr, would like to know if replacement item's like a new exterior door handle is available? this would also include the top and bottom plastic chrome housing pieces. The type of handle that lights up.

Gerald Farris

Re: Exterior Door Handle
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
You did not say where you are located, but Beaver Coach Sales in Bend should have your handle, and if you are not in the area, they are very good about shipping quickly at a reasonable price.

Northwest RV Supply in Eugene OR may also may have the handle since they have been buying surplus parts from RV manufactures for years, and they a lot of scarce and unusual parts.

Gerald  

Tom Rogers

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:08:39 AM »

Northwest RV Supply in Eugene OR may also may have the handle since they have been buying surplus parts from RV manufactures for years, and they a lot of scarce and unusual parts.

Gerald   [/quote]

I've been in this place ... it's amazingly stocked with all kinds of parts. + when I talked to the owner he says he can also order parts you might need. Not sure where he gets them. If you can send a picture to his email as to the part you need it really helps.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:15:15 AM »
Has anyone been able to find an exterior door handle for an 05 Beaver Monterey with plastic chrome end caps recently? If so, please post the resource. Bend only claims to have white end caps available.

Steve Adams

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »
I just bought and installed a new door handle that I got from Beaver Coach Sales. I was told they had black and cream end pieces, they no longer had the chromed ones. I ordered the cream ends and wound up painting them black with krylon paint, looked much better. Easy install also. With shipping I paid about $85.00, high but exactly what we were looking for.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
Has anyone been able to RECENTLY find the grab handle with the CHROME END CAPS? Based on the overwhelming response on this thread its starting to look like the supply has dried up completely.  :(

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Hey Steve, was there a reason you didnt choose the black end pieces offered by Beaver?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »
You could always get some "chrome" spray paint and do the ends;  I think Krylon makes one.  I've used it before, and it's not perfectly chrome, but maybe close enough.  After all, the pieces are plastic and not real chrome anyway.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Adams

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »
"Hey Steve, was there a reason you didnt choose the black end pieces offered by Beaver?"

When we ordered the new handle we wanted the chrome pieces. When we were told no more chrome we settled on cream thinking it would work better with out paint scheme. As it turns out, it was very bland and honestly looked cheap. Painting them black allowed it to match the window frames, door seal, tires, etc. Our opinion is it looks much better in black than chrome or cream.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
So I called Bend Beaver a second time and spoke to a different salesman this time. Salesman Bill tells me he has a handle for my 05 with Chrome metal ends for $58. I confirm the measurements and place the order. Go figure....   ::)