Author Topic: ROOF AIR SINKING INTO ROOF  (Read 2702 times)

John Sinnar

ROOF AIR SINKING INTO ROOF
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:51:53 AM »
I have a 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder 525 and the front roof air is about 1 inch above the roof surface at the LH rear corner and not as bad on the right.
The rear air is doing the same thing though not as bad.  Had both gasket seals replaced at Beaver Coach about three months ago.
An ideas as to the cause or how to fix the issue....?
thanks,
john sinnar

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: ROOF AIR SINKING INTO ROOF
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »
Heard of this on older fleetwoods but never on a Beaver.  Has to be some breakdown in the polystyrene roof.  Was there an exposure to extreme heat or something?  Regardless, I wouldn't wait to get that one fixed as potential water damage could drive the cost up quickly.  Call Ken Carpenter at BCS.  (800-382-2597)

Good luck  and God bless
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
If someone tightened down the mounting screws with too much torque you could be crushing the foam in the sandwich. You can check and see if that is in the layering of the materials in the opening. BCS I would not expect to do that but it seems that this is all after new gaskets on the air units.

Later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
John, if you could post a photo or two of the situation it might help us.  If you need them, there are "Stickys" at the General Discussion Board about how to post photos.

My units have spacers around the perimeter that were nearly lost awhile back.  BCS adjusted the snugness and stabilized the spacers.  If your spacers have blown away, that may explain some sag, but like Ed mentions, BCS should have caught such a thing.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat