Author Topic: Cold and Hot Water Drain Lines  (Read 5509 times)

Matthew Harger

Cold and Hot Water Drain Lines
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
Yesterday I had my plumbing panel completely removed in order to replace the toilet flange and 3 inch abs plumbing line going down into the black tank as I had to redo the bathroom floor and toilet due to an old leaky floor seal that trashed the bathroom floor. Anyways, while inside the bay I noticed both the hot and cold water drain lines do not feed to outside of the coach, but are just open ended inside of the plumbing bay....I further realized the problem as my father put the nobs back in the wrong direction when putting the panel back in and upon turn the water back on I suddenly had a flood of water coming from underneath the coach...these drain lines drained to the floor of the plumbing bay....anyways my question is , are these lines supposed to be draining outside of the coach or to some piece of plumbing that gets the water outside the coach and not just into the plumbing bay?

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Cold and Hot Water Drain Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »
I just went and checked - my two low-point drains run directly to the ground in two separate streams from just under the water distribution manifold.  There are two hoses a few inches apart that each protrude about 2 inches through separate holes through the bottom of the water bay floor.  Since the 2 hoses protrude about 2 inches through the floor, there is no water getting released onto the water bay's interior flooring.  The bottom 2 knobs (left and right) on the distribution manifold actuate the draining.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Matthew Harger

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
I wonder if the builders forgot to put cutouts leading to underneath the coach on mine during manufacturing. It makes zero sense to have them resting on the floor of the bay without any drain in place.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
Matthew, mines the same as David's is...

drains beneath the manifold thru two pipes leading out of two cutout circles on floor

LaMonte & Patti Monnell
Weeki Wachee, Fl
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples, CAT 3126B
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 01:02:04 AM »
Matthew,

I had a '98 Patriot with many quality control issues.  It looks like you discovered another one.  I suggest you drill two holes through the floor, and add two short pieces of vinal tubing to the valves to run the water out to the ground.

Larry

Matthew Harger

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »
Thank you all....

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 11:41:48 AM »
I concur with Larry.  Our 98 Pat. had two drain lines  to ground just below and left of the water bay so if they are not there for you then make them.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!