Author Topic: Service Recommendations near Everett??  (Read 7766 times)

Bruce Sieloff

Service Recommendations near Everett??
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:44:30 PM »
I need to get the oil changed and the running gear looked at.
Does anyone have experience with someone in the North Puget Sound area who can check the brakes, lube what needs it and do the necessary fluid changes?
We have used Brazels in Centralia in the past, with mixed results and I'm looking for someone closer to Everett.

Andy Clark

• BAC Member
Re: Service Recommendations near Everett??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:56 AM »
Best I can offer is Freightliner in Mt. Vernon.

Andy
Andy Clark
1995 Patriot 37
300HP Cummings 6CTA8.3
Camano Island WA

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
I've used the Valley Frieghtliner dealership, of the same ownership, in Sumner with happy results.

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations. There is a CAT dealer in Monroe, NC Machinery, for an oil change, but I'm not sure they would be familiar with the running gear. I'm about midway from both those locations so I guess this is an embarrassment of riches. Traffic is lighter going north so I guess I will call the folks in Mt. Vernon about their schedule. Thanks again.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
You might check this list for possibilities,  http://www.themotorhomeguide.com/rv-service-washington-state.html

Then also here:  http://rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=WA

I've liked Pacific Power Products facilities I've used in Oregon, but don't know how much into running gear they get.  And their nearest to you is south to Kent I'm afraid.  I think they may be the same as this, in which case they can help you:  http://www.pac-truck.com/TruckService.aspx

Joel
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:31:32 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »
Thanks Joel. I need an outfit that has the capacity to get under the coach. I'm specifically looking for someone to diagnose a "clunk" that I sometimes get at low speed stop and go when I accel or decel. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be worrisome, like something is in the process of becoming looser and needs to be corrected. It could be a worn bushing, some unexpected slack in the driveline due to wear, or just an antisway bar that needs to be tightened up.
Your average RV service center can work on a balky propane system, but I'm not trusting them with something that could cause a stranding.
Engine/Trans guys I can find, Coach systems I can find, but who do you trust with the Big Truck portion of your coach? Brakes, Hydraulics, Driveline.  :-/

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
If possible to get down there, even though they may be a bit out of your way, I'd shoot for Pacific in Kent.  All aspects of truck chassis is what they do, including motor homes.  Your symptoms should be up their alley.  253-520-5194

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Bruce Sieloff

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
Thanks Joel. Appointment made; we'll see what they find.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:43:19 PM »
I'll be interested to know what they find wrong, Bruce, and if they're as efficient as their Coburg counterpart.  Keep us apprised.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Doug Neal

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
If you tow as we do the clunk you describe could be in the receiver as I had the same clunk at low speed stop and go. Road master has a solution to tighten the receiver for about $35.00.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »
Doug's right.  You might want to check your entire towbar setup for looseness due to wear, from car adapter brackets to the hitch mounting under the coach.  And check welds for stress cracks from any sloppiness.

Our toad used to have a bit of a bump due to receiver slack at starts and stops;  it was reduced when I put on Roadmaster's shim device.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat