Author Topic: Fresh Water Tank  (Read 5187 times)

Jerry Pattison

Fresh Water Tank
« on: March 10, 2010, 11:07:56 PM »
Hey, Gerald, on a 1998 Marquis Diamante, is there fresh water tank access besides the fill connection?  I want to put some freshener in there, and I do not have a venturi.

Thanks.

Jerry

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Fresh Water Tank
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:14:23 PM »
You can pour the freshener in the hose and then connect the hose to the MH and then turn the water on to fill the tank. At least thats the only way I've been able to do it. Marty

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:22 PM »
Marty's right about the soda or freshener, but I've always found it clumsy to get chemical in the hose and connect it without spilling, so I rummaged around a few years ago at Home Depot or Lowe's and found a black device in the sprinkler hose dept. that's for automatically feeding fertilizer into sprinkler/soaker systems.  I can fit it to the hose and coach, and add bleach (or soda) to the thing, put the lid back on it and turn on the faucet without any mess.  I shouda ben a inguneer, but I can't even spel it.  ;)

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:43:32 AM »
Jerry,
Marty and Joel are right in that you can only add water or anything else to the fresh water tank on a 98 Marquis through the city water hose inlet. The tank is above the water inlet, so you have to fill it with a pressurized source because there is no access to the top of the tank.

I would do like Marty and pour bleach into an empty hose to get it into the fresh water tank, although Joel's idea sounds very good, I have never used it. Since I am a fulltimer, my water tank stays "fresh" from constant use.

Gerald

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
I put the bleach in a filter canister I attach to the spigot.