Author Topic: Leak in HWH Air Leveling System  (Read 6690 times)

Bob Jae

Leak in HWH Air Leveling System
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:20:50 AM »
My next project is to find and fix why the right front leaks down overnight.  I believe the problem is in my front Six-Pack.  I have ordered the o-rings to replace in the solenoid and will try that first.  I have ramps to pull the coach up on to and let the air out of the suspension before I get under the coach.
1.  Has anyone done this repair and are there any tricks or tips.
2.  Does anyone know where the Six-Pack is located for the front axle on a 2006 Monterey
3.  I could use some instructions on how the valves come apart.

Thanks
Bob

Bob Jae

Re: Leak in HWH Air Leveling System solenoid
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
I ordered and received the two o-rings.  Today I crawled under and found where the six pack valves are located.  I think I can get at them to remove the two that are suspect.  Next step is to pull the rig up on blocks and let the air out of the suspension and remove the valves. 

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Leak in HWH Air Leveling System
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:50 AM »
Forgive me here, Bob, for any ignorance on my part which kept me from responding sooner.  Are you talking about the air system, as per your thread title, or the slideout hydraulic solenoids passenger side near the front steps?  Both are HWH systems.  Not familiar with the term "six pack", other than my ale supply (more like a 12-18 pack these days) but not particularly in reference to my abs of late (one six pack does not begat the other   :o ).

If its the hydraulics, I think I once saw something online, at HWH or elsewhere, directing a solenoid rebuild.

Joel
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:15:43 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bob Jae

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 02:06:44 AM »
Joel its part of the air leveling.  There are two air manifolds one front and one in the rear (on non tag axle rigs).  Each has 6 solenoid connected valves.  L/R Lower L/R Raise L/R Travel.  I guess it is pretty common for the o-rings to cause a leak down and a corner of the coach will settle.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 02:48:00 AM »
Okay, thanks Bob.  Those particular solenoids are a new one to me.

Now back to my 6 pack. OK, maybe only one at a time.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
Almost the same issue with mine except it was the rear, had one solenoid leaking replaced the O rings and also had a 20 psi pressure switch leaking which would dump all the air and the rear would sit down. Ordered the switch from Stuart's and installed it a couple of days ago. Installation was easy except for the wire plug in connector, when they built this thing the bundle of solenoid and switch connections were stuffed on top of everything and wired tired to everything. So I just cut the blue and black wired and used heat shrink sealed butt connectors.
Coach has been nice and level for two days now, all is well again.