Author Topic: aqua hot  (Read 5462 times)

Dave Blystone

aqua hot
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:02 AM »
hi gang   im haveing a lot of problems with my aqua hot.  i have had 3 different service tecks work on it  on this trip  i have a 2001 patriot 33ft  they have replaced the fuel pump,nozzle radiator cap, all the rubber seals, the moveing disk inside float switch  twice,mixer valve    no help   i think i found the problem myself  i think its the fuel line  going into it.    i touched some of the foam at the back of the unit and it was full of fuel i pulled some out and it is wet with fuel.   i can find the leak but it explanes the problem with the aquqhot haveing excess smoke to much air with the fuel pum pulling air with the fuel  my question is has anybody changed the fuel line and where is the pick up on the tank i hope not on the top    thanks dave

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: aqua hot
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:15:46 AM »
BAC member Orman Claxton probably can answer your questions.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Orman Claxton

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:58:58 AM »
Sorry David
But the fuel lines usually are through the top of the tank,
I would try running a new line into an outside source/container, see if that will cure your problems,... a lot easier and faster
Orman Claxton
206 660 9893
Ocroadhouse@yahoo.com

Dave Blystone

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:30:36 AM »
 thanks for the repley but i had the fuel tank removed at  wildwood and the fuel line replaced   what a nightmare  they finnished at 4 pm on a fri said i was good to go   i trid to start the aqua hot no run  they said all it had to do was prime   i trid to get it to prime for about a hour  and a half no go so i was sutck ther untill mon morn   they too the coach back in and dropped the tank a second time to free a pinched hose  pulled out again thought i would check everything and the genset wouldnt start   stuck overnight again  back into the shop  droped the fueltank a third time pinched hose on genset this time  they got everythink on the last try   i had paid the bill on fri night when they said i was good to go.   on tue when they finnely got everything working theytold me they had 6 hours more and ask me if i thought i owed more     i told them no if they had done it right the first time i would have been back in ohio and not there in fla  sorry for the rant but i feel better   dave

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »
Wow.  I don't think Beaver Coach in Bend would've tried to charge for the extra time to fix a botched repair.  They likely would have been extra cautious and wouldn't have messed up the generator line the second time.

This can be a good place to rant, Dave, and we hope you remain feeling better for a long time to come.  8)
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat