Author Topic: What is this?  Rack under sink  (Read 14261 times)

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
Re: What is this?  Rack under sink
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 01:58:46 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions on the Corian sink inserts.
Gerald, your comment would explain why I can't find a Corian colour match.
I guess I'm going to have to use Corian of a complimentary or contrasting material. (Or get into the habit of washing the dishes instead of hiding them.  :)
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9

Edward Buker

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:18 AM »
Bob,

Regarding the dishes, you could use one of my best friends techniques. It would involve a window and the highway...

We were sitting in the back cockpit of his boat after a sunset dinner on the lake for the four of us. His wife asked him to wash the dishes and without batting an eye he stacked them all neatly and then heaved them over the transom into the lake never to be seen again. He proclaimed "Dishes are washed"...We thought this was all quite hilarious at the time having had a few beers. I do believe that his wife bought a new set of dishes whose expense assured that a more suitable dishwashing technique would be used in the future. We do pay for our sins....it is still funny when we recall just how short his dishwashing career really was that evening :-)

Later Ed

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 05:04:22 AM »
That's hilarious Ed. I'll keep that suggestion as an option, however I think it might break a BLM or campground rule or two.

I love this forum - there's usually a solution to every problem.  ;D
Bob Stone

Mary Collins

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 05:08:44 AM »
Our 2002 was missing one of the cutouts and the pattern is no longer available. We had one made in a very similar pattern and no one notices.

Mary
Mike and Mary Collins<br />02 Marquis Amethyst<br />

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 07:04:43 AM »
Thank you Mary. If I'm not able to locate a close match in Corian I think I'll use arborite on plywood  in a cutting board or chopping block pattern for one sink or both. The lighter material will be easier to handle and store. Maybe an actual cutting board on the flip side of one of the covers.

Stan, I'm sorry for high jacking your thread. I trust you had your query addressed?
Bob Stone