Author Topic: Water Valves???  (Read 5826 times)

Les Brandt

Water Valves???
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »
This is a photo of my water compartment and valves. It shows that all are off (turned to the right).
I have water to all sources but....should all be turned to on??? (Turned to the left)

So many things I don't know about this coach.

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Water Valves???
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »
Les,

The Water Fill is normally off.  Turn on when you want to fill the Fresh water tank while hooked up to city water supply.  When the tank is full, turn it off.

The two Drain valves are normally closed (off).  Open them when you want to drain water from system.

All others are normally open (on).  Close one if you want to work on that line.

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
Larry is correct.  But clarify please, Les ... when the valves in your manifold are configured as shown in the photo, you are still getting hot and cold water at all your "sources", e.g. faucets?

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Les Brandt

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 01:29:59 AM »
Hi Joel, yes the button on the knob is at the top stops to the right which in theory should be off according to the labels, but I still have a water to all locations.

Stumps me why.

I speak of the lower kitchen bath etc. knobs.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:03:46 AM »
The knobs on my coach appear to be normally functioning - clockwise turns off the flow and counter clockwise turns on the flow.  I didn't check them all but I did check the two low-point drains.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 04:38:57 AM »
Les,
The knobs can be removed by pulling them off and reinstalled in 6 different locations. So the location of a button on the knob is probably meaningless. Those knobs have probably been removed and replaced several times over the 13 year plus life of your coach.

Gerald

Les Brandt

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »
If the button is meant to be on the bottom, it would make sense that counterclockwise would be off and clockwise would be on. That would reason why I have water to those locations now.

I guess I should just try it that way and turn it counterclockwise. Theoretically that should shut off the zone.

Larry Williams

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
Quote from: Les Brandt
If the button is meant to be on the bottom, it would make sense that counterclockwise would be off and clockwise would be on. That would reason why I have water to those locations now.

I guess I should just try it that way and turn it counterclockwise. Theoretically that should shut off the zone.
On my coach the button is to the left when on and to the right when off. As Gerald mentioned, someone just rotated the knobs on yours.

neil omalley

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 06:33:35 PM »
Hey guys: it would appear that someone put the knobs on any way they felt like. Why not make sure the valves are where you want them to be and set the knobs accordingly? Or am I missing something you're trying to say?

Les Brandt

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »
You guys are great. Thanks for the input as always.