Author Topic: Electric Schematic Needed-'01 Patriot  (Read 17732 times)

Larry Williams

Re: Electric Schematic Needed-'01 Patriot
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
Quote from: Les Brandt
Does anyone have an electrical schematic plan for my coach? It's a 2001 Beaver Patriot Monticello 40' 330hp CAT.

I am trying to find where a fuse might be for the Hydro Hot system.

Orman Claxton is kind enough to help me try to get my Hydro Hot system working but a "Low Battery Fault" light is showing on my Hydro Hot panel. My batteries are fully charged.
The diesel switch on the wall beside the electric switch does not turn green when switched on. The electric side of the Hydro Hot works.
I have a breaker in the panel marked Hot Water Heater, but I confirmed that breaker is on.

He thinks it's a fuse and asked me to canvas the forum for some help with the schematic.

If you know where the fuse might be that would also help.

I feel like a kindergarten kid with this new coach! So much to learn.
Les

Have you looked at the club's members only coach assist section? It has wiring diagrams in 5 parts that says it is for 2003 Marquis, but actually contains diagrams for several years and models. I saw a 2003 Patriot and 1998 Marquis diagrams in Part 1. It may have what you are looking for.

Larry

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
Les,
The wiring for the basic/common circuits is pretty much the same across models. The diagrams Larry is referring to were very helpful to me when working on my 01 Contessa.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
Quote from: Joel Ashley
I've been meaning to contribute a copy of the diagram book for our coach, but what you need to understand, Gary and Jerry, is that it isn't as easy as it would seem.  First of all, it is no small book at least physically if not in number of pages, so a lot of time is involved regardless of methodology.

I've tried photographing it, but getting the lighting and other parameters just right to get nice, easily legible renderings has proven more of a challenge than one would think, and having some experience with professional techniques over the last 50 years, I say that with some confidence.  Occasionally I've produced adequate results of individual pages or parts of pages for individuals with similar coaches to ours, but for the Coach Assist section I want imagery as good as possible so that component ID text and graphics are without ambiguity and as interpretable as the original.

The only way to adequately achieve that is with a good scanner.  Most non-commercial units don't have 18-20" platens, so in the past I've split a page from the book into two scan parts, requiring a reader to overlap them for full interpretation, a clumsy way to do it but certainly useful to someone who urgently needs the reference.  Ideally the book should be commercially scanned, but again it is a large book in number of pages, not just physical size;  it likely would not be an inexpensive enterprise.

A compromise solution is to use my iPad and a scan app, which I have a couple of, to essentially scan in a full length photograph, a technique Tim Bentley suggested.  Such apps can auto-adjust to clip out surrounding background, since you have to be a good distance away to fit the long document in the screen, and ultimately produce only the document's image, and make it a PDF.  That wasn't so simple either, due to the limitations of lenses on touchpad devices, and once again, attaining appropriate lighting.  I've tried the technique with several other projects too, and sometimes the results are okay for the intended use, but usually I'm not happy with the resolution.

What I think I'll do when time allows is scan, as mentioned, each page in two sections.  Then I'll try using panographics software to overlap and reunite the two images into one, but now finally in digital format.  It'll take awhile to do that about 40 times.  But then I'll be able to send it to Tim for the Coach Assist section.

-Joel

Joel had a great idea.  I took pics of the schematics with my phone using a phone app.  Sent them in a few ago.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Les Brandt

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
Thanks all! I continue to diagnose.

I can't believe in all my years, I have not learned how to use a voltmeter. Yes, that sounds dumb, but I am a carpenter by trade and then management for the last 30 odd years and have always left the mechanical work on my vehicles to the professionals.

You see, I am a "Bleeder". All I have to do is look at a wrench and the skin just falls off my knuckles and the bleeding starts LOL!

If these damn RVs were made of all wood, I could fix them in my sleep!

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 03:54:51 AM »
I learned a new trick...if it works.  Here is a link to the schematics to my 2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington.  Hope it works!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8aukdy67t2as7d/Scan%20Jul%208%2C%202014%2C%2017.15.pdf?dl=1
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
It's not workin' for me, Jerry.  At least not on my iPad.  The link tries to connect but freezes and befouls the Forum site.  I tried it several times, but have to back up to or restart the Forum just to get back to square one.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
Joel,
Might be your iPad link. I was able to access from my PC w/no issues. It's a huge file (86 pages) so takes about  30 sec to download.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »
It took a lot longer than 30 seconds, but it finally appeared when using my laptop.  Nice job, Jerry.  I'm sure many members will appreciate access to it.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Larry Williams

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 03:04:54 AM »
Jerry,

I have Adobe software and I was able to Optimize the file and rotate the pages so that each page has the title description on the lower right. The document is now 35MB instead of 98MB and is much easier to flip through the pages.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gc5z84rr91wz72p

Larry

Jerald Cate

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »
I started scanning and breaking my wiring diagram manual down into smaller more manageable files by drawing number.  I have to reassemble all the scanned files, hope to have that project done this weekend and I'll try to figure out how to post them when finished.  I believe my manual is the same as Jerry Emerts, the individual files will be much smaller.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »
Quote from: Larry Williams
Jerry,

I have Adobe software and I was able to Optimize the file and rotate the pages so that each page has the title description on the lower right. The document is now 35MB instead of 98MB and is much easier to flip through the pages.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gc5z84rr91wz72p

Larry

Nice job Larry.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH