Author Topic: 2004 Patriot Thunder Questions  (Read 18915 times)

Dick Simonis

2004 Patriot Thunder Questions
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »
Since we're still sorta looking for a new(er) Beaver, I'm kind of focusing on a 2004 PT...preferable the Wilmington floor plan which I believe has the island kitchen.  Not locked into that but it looks good on paper.  However I am curious about a couple of items:

1)  I've seen these listed as 40 ft, 41 ft, and even 43 ft.  Which if any are correct?
2)  There appears to be both 3 and 4 slide models...is this correct?
3)  Which leveling system is on these coaches?

If anyone has the original brochure I would greatly appreciated a copy.  And if there are any known issues one should be aware of I would love to hear about them as well as impressions of those that own one.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dick

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: 2004 Patriot Thunder Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:05:01 AM »

It appears they are available with 3 or 4 slides.  The Wilmington may be only 4 slides and has the island table in the kitchen.  Other 2004 PTs have 3 slides.  I saw no mention of hydraulic leveling, but I did not take the time to read in detail all the specifics on the listings.  Seems to be several for sale nationwide from under $95k to $115k. or so.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:29:28 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »
Thanks David,

I have looked at those and the differences increased the confusion factor.  The one in Bend we did look at and it was lovely, had three slide but was missing a couple of key items like washer/dryer and was sold before we could look more thoroughly so I don't remember the details.  Looked at so many they began to blur.

Another difference between the listed models is that some claim 3 AC units and some have 2.....weird.  Almost like this model is a black hole for information which is why I was hoping we would have some owners that could help solidify the specs.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
Dick,
The 40 foot models then came with two roof A/C units, and the 42 foot to 45 foot models had 3 A/C units. Remember that when reading online ads about a coach, the person writing the ad may not have even seen the coach, so they are often filled with inaccuracies.

Gerald

Bill and Carol Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Dick:
My wife Carol and I have a 2004 Patriot Thunder Lexington with three slides.  We are considering leaving motorhoming (we’re now living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community). Our 2004 Thunder is a fabulous coach! We have an original brochure on the 2004 model, but we are reluctant to part with this brochure until we ultimately part with our coach. However, perhaps I could photocopy pages of the brochure and send those to you by email (PDF). Let us know if you would like to talk about possibilities. Below are answers to your specific questions:
1.     The 2004 Patriots have the following floorplans: Ticonderoga, Monticello, Princeton, Lexington, Gettysburg, Yorktown, and Wilmington. The Ticonderoga is listed as 37’, and all the other floorplans are listed as 40’.  In 2004, Beaver did not offer Patriots in other lengths (i.e., there were not 42’ or 43’ Patriot models in 2004). The actual length of the Ticonderoga is 37’10”. The actual lengths of the Monticello, Princeton, and Lexington floorplans are 39’5” (they called these floorplans “California 40s” because of that state’s enforcement of a 40 maximum length at that time). The actual lengths of the Gettysburg, Yorktown, and Wilmington floorplans are 40’10”. The Thunder option (CAT C-12 505HP) was only available in the six 40’ floorplans.
2.     The Ticonderoga, Monticello and Princeton floorplans have two slides. The Lexington, Gettysburg, and Yorktown models have three slides.  The Wilmington floorplan has four slides.
3.     The 2004 Patriots came standard with a Hydraulic Leveling System (jacks to the ground). Beaver offered an option of an Air Leveling System or BOTH Air and Hydraulic. Our coach has BOTH Air and Hydraulic Leveling Systems.
The 2004 Patriot brochure states that the kitchen island is an option available only on the Yorktown floorplan. This does not make much sense since all of the three slides floorplans appear to have room for the kitchen island. We recall looking at a 2004 Thunder with a kitchen island, but Carol determined it would be more of an obstacle than a benefit.
Best wishes to you during your investigation, Bill and Carol Jacobs, F143644, Medford, Oregon. bill.jacobs@charter.net and carol.jacobs@charter.net

Dick Simonis

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Bill, thanks for all the info.

I sent an email the other day, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Dick

Dick Simonis

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Connie, that was wonderful.  Found just what I was looking for.

Thanks.

Dick

Bill and Carol Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »
Dick:
I received your direct email and just replied to it. Sorry for the delay. I wasn't checking emails thoroughly.
Best regards,
Bill Jacobs

Frank Colligan

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 01:06:11 AM »
Dick,

I just sent you an e-mail.  Please contact me if you did not receive it.

Regards,

Frank