Author Topic: Slide Won't Go Out  (Read 6713 times)

Les Brandt

Slide Won't Go Out
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:28 AM »
I'm not sure why and I'm sure it's just my newness to my coach but for some reason my main slide won't go out. The ignition is in the off position and I'm plugged in to my garage with 15 AMP cord. I checked the Chassis batteries and they are at 12.7 Amps. When I hit the slide switch on my dash, I can hear the solenoid clicking when I push either in or out on the switch, but nothing moves.

Anyone got any hints?

Gosh I feel like an imbecile when stuff doesn't work.  :-/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:59:39 AM by 5 »

Edward Buker

Re: Slide Won't Go Out
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
Les,

I think you mean 12.7V which should be a bit higher with the charger on but maybe the batteries were just starting to be charged. It sounds like the solenoid switch on the pump is moving but possibly not making contact or it is possible that it is making contact but the motor on the pump is not starting. Let the batteries come up to 13.2V or higher and try it again by pressing the slide button. If the solenoid is not fully making contact then the higher voltage may help. If you still cannot get it to work you can rap on the solenoid and the motor with a light hammer while pressing the slide switch to see if it will start. If it will not work then you will have to seek some service. Ether the required voltage is not getting to the solenoid, or the solenoid is bad, or the pump motor has issues.

Later Ed

Les Brandt

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:50:59 PM »
Yes, sorry 12.7 v. I'll look at your suggestion.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Les,
I would expect the pump to have gone or the motor to the pump.  If after you determine both of these to be good, check inside the basement and make sure you haven't sprung a hydraulic leak.  It is not uncommon for the line to the slide to break.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:05 PM »
Les, check the electrical bay and make sure all the relays have all the wires attached.  I have stopped  abruptly and disconnected the wires.

Les Brandt

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:58:39 AM »
The bedroom slide works. Am I to assume that it would operate off the same pumps you speak off, thereby negating the pumps as the issue?

I also tried the boost switch to ensure I had enough power to the chassis batteries when I tried the slide switch. No difference, still just a click.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:37 AM »
Les,
There is no correlation between the all electric bedroom slide and the hydraulic living room/kitchen slide other than the ignition lockout. You need to check for voltage at the pump solenoid and the pump to determine your problem.

Gerald    

Joel Weiss

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:47 AM »
Les:

On my 2000 PT the slide hydraulic pump is the same one that runs the leveling jacks.  Is it the same on yours?  If so you can see if you can get the pump to run the jacks.  My coach has the RVA hydraulic system.  There is a large 12V relay mounted on the pump body similar to an ignition relay.  Pressing the slide switch applies 12V to energize the relay.  If you're hearing clicking then it sounds as if the relay is energizing.  You need to make sure there is voltage present at the relay, not just at the battery.  It wouldn't be impossible for a battery terminal to have broken off.  I had to replace a terminal on my main battery cable because years of corrosion had eaten through it.  

Joel

Les Brandt

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 03:14:29 AM »
Quote from: Gerald Farris
Les,
There is no correlation between the all electric bedroom slide and the hydraulic living room/kitchen slide other than the ignition lockout. You need to check for voltage at the pump solenoid and the pump to determine your problem.

Gerald    

Learned something new today! Thanks Gerald.

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
LES
 Is it possible that breaker switch for the slide has popped?  I had that problem and because of it the slides would not come in.  Might want to check my post on this problem and resolution.

Leah