Author Topic: Water leak below Aqua hot  (Read 16014 times)

Bill Sprague

Re: Water leak below Aqua hot
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 04:05:28 PM »
Jerry,

Before you work on it, cool it off by running the hot water faucet in kitchen with the AquaHot off.   The braided hoses I'm thinking of are the ones intended to run from the valve under your sink to the sink faucet in a house.  One is normally hot and the other normally cold.  So yes, hot is OK.

Orman has his phone number in his post above.  He can verify the fitting sizes.   And, as I recall, John Carrillo has worked on yours.  He may have a suggestion for an "on the road fix".

When mine failed the last time, my replacement was a kit with plastic fittings that were more rugged than the original plastic fittings, but they were still plastic.  Last weekend I helped my son remodel a bathroom and we used braided hoses we bought at McClendon's.  The end fittings were metal -- much better.  

Orman Claxton

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 06:10:46 PM »
Bill
Turn off water at your supply,You will have a small amount of water in the lines, Just be sure to cool AH down before repair. (turn off AH Diesel & Elect. run hot water until cold)
Remove the Pex line, Connect your Stainless Braided line, turn on water, check for leaks, (No leaks?)

Job well done.  8)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »
Thanks everyone for your ideas and help.

The leak is now fixed, I did contact the service/supply that Bill Sprague recommend

“Roger,Berke@gmail.com) www.RVHYD.com  for a replacement part # PLX-803-000 this is a ½” PEX x ½ (F) NPT PSF

I think you can buy this for a few dollars less directly from Aqua Hot but Roger shipped same day. I plan to take the old PEX fitting over top Home depot to see if they have the same item and will let you all know.
The old fitting did fall apart as I removed it and the new fitting slipped on the ½” tube and didn’t leak with a good hand tightening.

Thanks to everyone who offered help. Please don’t tell any Mechanic  friends that you know a pilot that can fix something I would hate to start a bad rumor.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »
I did stop by the Home Depot just to check out the thread on the  PEX fitting they are as everyone thought just a standard 1/2" pipe thread. I was not able to find the plastic match for the unit used on the Aqua hot but they did have metal non swivel connectors that would do the same job for $ 5.50 the old pipe would be to short so you will need to change the 1/2' PIPE which is very cheap $1.67 for 4 ft.

I plan to check a pluming supply store just to see if I can get the same plastic unit. If so I will pick up a few extras. The braided steel lines would also work but they would impact the flow some as the steel lines only have 1/4" ID.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13