Author Topic: MCD Shades  (Read 4972 times)

Dick Simonis

MCD Shades
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Has anyone tried to put the MCD shades on a 2000 era PT???  According to the installation instruction I would need a minimum of 2" clearance and that seems to be a problem.  It looks like there might be 2" at the very top of the valance but than they narrow to 1 1/2".  I'm reluctant to space the valances out since the fabric will no longer match as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any input.  I may call Jim and ask but he does so many coaches he might not remember the 2000 era valances.

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Re: MCD Shades
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:06:07 PM »
Dick,

I have seen one installation with MCD shades on our era coach.  The used wood to separate the valance from the wall about an inch.  They stained the wood to match the cabinets and it looked better than the original installation.

Karl
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Vicki Warren

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »
We put a wooden spacer between the fabric and the wall. Matches the rest of the wood in the coach. Jim Sizemore/Greg Fulton did the MCDs and they look great! The wood "extenders" look lovely too.
Vicki Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder Vicksburg
CAT-C13

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
We Got Wade RV at Lazy Days to do ours and they installed a spacer also. You do not even notice it.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I called Jim yesterday and he said the spacers would look like they belong.  Also chatted about installing a basement TV and he had some interesting options.  We are going to be in Prineville Thursday to have Elaine re-upholster our dinette chairs and will drop down and see him to discuss these and several other changes.

How do you like the MCD vs. the mini-blinds??

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »
Dick,
We have the spacers by Jim Sizemore and they really make the coach look even more elegant.  He and Greg did a wonderful job.  In fact, we had him build a couple of solid wood valances just to break the décor up and we love them also.  We had mini-blinds and Vicki thinks these are much better and wishes she had listened to me years ago when I wanted to install them.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
Quote from: Dick Simonis
How do you like the MCD vs. the mini-blinds??

Ouiet

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
I am heading to MCD to install the cockpit area in our 06 thunder I take some before and after photos,  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Oliver

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »
I have previosly posted pictures of the new valances that I made to fit my new MCD blinds.  They are of the same wood, stained the same colour, and styled to update the coach.  Everyone who sees tehm up close wants them.  They did take a while to make, but what else do you have to do when not on the road?