Author Topic: Desperate: Coach Only Airs Up On One Side  (Read 19688 times)

Norm Green

• BAC Member
Re: Desperate: Coach Only Airs Up On One Side
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »
Thanks Steve.  I have checked all the fusses and they are all good.  The diagnostic manual tells me to remove the fuse from the particular module I am having problems with.  Unfortunately, nothing is labeled.  I have done everything I can think of without any luck.  This morning, the Valid keypad decided not to turn on.  When I push the power button I get no response.  When I turn the key on, it comes on for about 10 seconds and shuts down.  I have unplugged the power harness on the back of the keypad several times hoping to reset it but no luck.  At this point, all I want to do is bypass the leveling system and get the couch aired up to travel so I can get it Kerrville and serviced.  Coach Net contacted a company in Nashville to come out and try to get it fixed, Shackeleford Enterprises.  Hopefully they will be out later this afternoon.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Ron Langdon

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 11:10:43 PM »
Norm, hope you got things going this morning.  But Steve should get the prize for finding the box. Interesting that it was housed in a box marked HWH instead of Valid! Also want to concur that info on this site is priceless. Thanks to all.

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »
Norm,
Sorry but I think the photos I sent are of the slide out control box. It is not the valid leveling control box. I will look when I get home to see if I can find the valid box.
Steve
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 03:38:07 AM »
Steve, You're right, the picture is of the slide controller.  I contacted Monaco support in Eugene and they confirmed that there is no controller but that the keypad is connected directly to an accelerometer on the front and rear axle.  Not sure what that means but I couldn't find any control box anywhere.  

Coach Net sent out a tech this afternoon who determined that the right rear height adjustment valve was not functioning.  Unfortunately we could not find a replacement anywhere local.  I contacted BCS and Mike in Parts had one of the valves and is sending it over-night delivery.  I think I have two suspension problems.  One is the height control valve and the second is the leveling system.  The tech said he would come back to install the new valve when it arrives.  Hopefully that will at least put me on the road so I can arrange to service the leveling system.  Looks like the earliest we can make it to Kerrville is Thursday evening.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
Norm,
Good luck, hope that fixes your problem. Good to know that there is no control box for the Valid/Power gear other than the keypad. I could not locate a control box but was limited on time due to the storms coming through here in TN last night. Had to get the beaver into her garage. If you find anything different please post.
Steve
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Edward Buker

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »
Norm,

Did you ever try what I recommended in my post about moving the coach straight a few feet forward and back and hitting the brakes? Sounds like you have a rear leveling valve whose arm that has stuck in position just like mine did once. When you move the coach and hit the brakes it moves the arm a little which usually releases it and if so it would allow the air to flow into the air springs. This is basically a simple valve with an arm on it tied to the rear end to set height.

Later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
Norm already checked that I think, Ed.  He blocked the rig up and crawled under 3 days ago, and found the curbside connector rod loose due to no backpressure in the valve, but otherwise intact and functional.  The streetside rod was snug since that valve operates fine.  His curbside valve just isn't getting air.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Edward Buker

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »
Thanks Joel, guess I missed that piece, if he moved the rod manually and it did not air up then it sounds like it is not simply a stuck valve.

Later Ed

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 02:37:47 AM »
Norm,
Hope you got things fixed, and are on the road.
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Norm Green

• BAC Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:15 AM »
New Update:  I got the height adjustment valve from BCS this morning and finally got it installed about 3:00.  The part took care of getting the coach aired up but I still have issues with the leveling keypad.  We put the pets in the coach and hit the road about 4:00.  We are staying in a Sam's Club parking lot in Memphis tonight and plan to be in Kerrville sometime Thursday afternoon.  The coach is riding good but I am making a list of items to have looked at.  Thanks again for everyone's help.  I'll see some of you in Kerrville where I can thank you personally.  
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN