Author Topic: Pro Sine Inverter Questions  (Read 3125 times)

Dick Simonis

Pro Sine Inverter Questions
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »
Now that we are home I have time to start sorting out the Marquis and it's unique properties.  Newest puzzlement is trying to understand the ProSine Inverter. For some reason Beaver put the standard remote panel instead of the upgrade version called the ACS which allows control of inverter functions more like my Magnum did.  I have found some of the ACS panels and suspect it's a plug and play replacement.  Wondering if anyone with the Prosine has the ACS?

Also, I was digging around in the battery compartment installing a pro fill watering system and noticed there was no temp compensation widget attached to the battery.  Crawled into the bay and yes, there is a lead for one connected to the inverter so if anyone has a clue where the widget is attached I would love to find it.

Thanks for any input.

Dick

Roland DuBree

Re: Pro Sine Inverter Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »
Could be the cable is your problem.  My 2001 beaver had a Prosine.  It used the 4 wire telephone cable.  The ones they use now are a 6 wire phone cable. Look at your remote and Inverter and compare the number of cable pins at both ends.
The temp comp devise attaches to a battery terminal and back to a phone jack on the inverter.  Good luck

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:59:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  The remote is working fine, just thinking about upgrading until it dies and I can get a Magnum.

The temp sensor is not attached to a battery and I have no idea where it is.  There is a cable plugged into the inverter that goes behind the inverter and disappears.  Reckon something the PO did and I just need to root through the wires and find it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:03:39 PM by 282 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:28:24 AM »
Dick,
I do not think that the ACS remote is compatible with the ProSine inverter.

Gerald