Author Topic: Replacement Fog/Driving Light  (Read 8146 times)

Jerry Jayne

Replacement Fog/Driving Light
« on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
Does anyone know where to get a replacement driving/fog light for a 09 Beaver Conterssa?  One of mine is cracked, probably from a rock.  It has these markings:  "SAE-F-99 OPTIK"  and "Halogen H3 633-0003".  It's a sealed beam lamp and is approximately 6 1/8" wide x 3" high.
Allied Recreation Group (the new owners of the Monaco brands) says its part Number 514465 but can only be purchased as a pair of lights for $101.51.  Seems kind of steep because although I have a cracked glass front, it still lights up.  
Surely someone has found a replacement without paying over $100.
Jerry Jayne
'09 Beaver Contessa
312-576-1048
jjayne@attglobal.net

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Replacement Fog/Driving Light
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »
Jerry, I'm not sure if this will do, but check the rest of Grote's site (linked below) or just hit the Live Help (Chat) button to discuss it with them.  Your lamp is not super-rare and is found in other manufacturer's coaches according to other Forums.  Neither is it particularly easy to find, I take it.  It's possible an auto parts store may carry a similar unit.  Ours are round and when I replaced one some years ago, I think BCS supplied it, but the wires were not exactly "plug-and-play", nor did it mount precisely like the old one, requiring some modifications to hook up.  It wasn't cheap for what it was either.  Check around.
http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=63531

Joel

Addendum: further searching led me to believe you will be out roughly $50 regardless.  You could probably find some Blazer brand ones, usually sold as a pair, that might be made to fit and would cost very little.  But you get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:56:32 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »
You might try a NAPA with the numbers on the light.  They normally can find the replacement from their parts.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Dale Malquist

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »
They are probably the same as our 2007. The brand name is Hamsar-Diversco. I too cannot find a replacement for these Canadian manu. lights. I have tried to contact them but they don't seem interested in helping. NAPA was no help either.

Steve Jewell

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
Dale, You can view the Hamsar-Diversco catalog on line. This is the link  www.hamsar.com/#!product-catalogue/c1rvd

Steve J