Author Topic: IDs leveling system  (Read 9288 times)

getsurrounded

IDs leveling system
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
Does anyone have the software to reset the brain on a IDS leveling system for a 2002 Beaver Patriot. Ours is not leveling the coach, and the normal rest procedures are not letting us reset the system to level. We think part of the problem is the brain was moved and then put back after new carpet was installed. Are the brains (new ) still available.
Thanks for any help with this
Jim
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 04:21:22 PM by 235 »

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: IDs leveling system
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
I fooled with mine also (didn't level correctly) and found out that I could not do it on the coach. Stopped at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, OR. on my way through and they removed it. They then put it on a test stand and recalibrated it and reinstalled. It now works the way it should.  The cost was not that high as I recall, about an hour and a half at the hourly rate. Marty

Bill Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:47:01 PM »
Northwest RV Supply has both the touchpad and brain (black box computer).  See:  http://www.nwrvsupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I bought both for $169 (total cost) from them and am keeping them as spares.  The calibration is the issue.  I, too, had mine re-calibrated (or as they say "flashed") at Beaver Coach Sales but they did not have to remove the computer to re-calibrate.  They simply left it where it was (left side of driver's seat on the floor under the console) plugged it into a laptop and "flashed" it.  It took about 20 minutes for them to do this.  It has worked well since.

Another source for parts and re-calibrating is SunBumRV  (http://sunbumrv.com/).  Rob Pierce (the co-owner) worked at Beaver when they installed this system and was one of the individuals that was responsible for this system.  He is located in Yuma in the winter and LaPine, OR in the summer.

Final note:  I was having a problem with one of the switches that determines if the jacks are raised or not and replaced the front two.  As has been previously mentioned, the front ones are "relatively easy" to remove and replace.  To replace the rear ones I will have to remove the wheels.  Fortunately, the problem was with the front ones, so I am now carrying two new spare switches.

Bill

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:43:22 AM »
Not sure if this might help your issue. We picked up a 2002 Marquis at Beaver Coach Sales last spring. First night out we found that the coach would repeatedly level up to a tilted position. I found the brain box and raised one side by adding some washers under the box on the hold down screws. It compensated for the tilt and has been leveleing well ever since.  

I'm not sure if the flash procedure calibrates the sensor level position back to zero tilt or if it re-enables a leveling program function issue with the unit. Thought this might help if it is a tilt issue.

Regards Ed