Author Topic: 98' Beaver Patriot Shocks  (Read 5516 times)

Michael Kauffman

98' Beaver Patriot Shocks
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:08:19 AM »
I just ordered Koni FSD shocks online.  It says that my 98' Beaver Patriot 37' 8 bag magnum chassis takes 8 shocks on the website.  I'm sorry, but after crawling around under this this thing, I can only find 6 total, 4 front, 2 back.  Am I missing some?  Thanks, Mike

Phil And Carol Upham

Re: 98' Beaver Patriot Shocks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »
Mike,

I have six on my Patriot.  Hope things are going well.

Phil

Wes Ervin

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
Hi Mike - I just had the shocks replaced on my 37' Patriot by Henderson's - they did a great job.   We have 8 airbags but only 6 shocks on our 99 Patriot.   We also went with the Koni's and I can tell you that they made a big difference!    You are going to like the results............

Wes

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
OK, thanks for the info.  Looks like I have 6.  Hope they take back the other 2 without a restock charge.  Their website said it took 8.  Thanks again, Mike

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »
Hey Mike, have you had a chance to install those new shocks and tell us how the coach rides?

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Quote from: ]Hey Mike, have you had a chance to install those new shocks and tell us how the coach rides? [/quote

[size=14][size=18][face=Arial]Well the coach road beautifully on the 4 mile ride home.  But I didn't get over 45 MPH.  Keep in mind that I also had Michelins put on at the same time.  So I can't really tell if it's the shocks or the tires.  Probably both though.

They put a product called "Equal" into the tires for balancing.  I've never heard of it but the guy at Les Schwaub said they use it all the time.  They replaced the shocks for $20 ea.  Not to bad.

We will be going on a short trip in 2 weeks.  I'll report back on everything then.

Thanks, Mike [/face][/size]
[/size]